High School Band

To everyone here who isn't in high school marching band or just high school in general, I made this chapter. This doesn't apply to everyone, but I shall write it just in case.

At my school district and probably others, the word has gotten out that we work hard. The word is that there's after school practices, and that they may last a while, that we have to wake up early for marching season, and sleep late on Friday and Saturday nights sometimes.

Some middle schoolers are scared. Not scared of their lives, but scared of throwing their life away.

Don't thinking that just because you are in band, that you can't do anything else.

You can still join theater, track, swim, tennis, soccer, choir, and all of that fun hobbies. You can take all of that and it will still work out for you. Anyways, most of those aren't in marching season and will 99 percent of the time won't create a conflict with each other.

Some people are scared of how hard we work.

I agree that we do work hard. Some (some, not all!) of you can't see where it's comes together and see when it's all worth it. I'm sorry, but you can't feel and see when it comes together unless you are doing it.

You see when it is all worth it when you are in the stands, football field, practice field, and every moment when you are at a competition and with you're band family.

Nothing feels better than knowing and feeling that it is all worth it. Trust me.

You will have a lot of time for homework, studying, and projects. I promise.

You will have a great time, and will make more memories than you can count. You will have enough fun to last a lifetime, and even more.

The memories you will make will be unforgettable.

I promise all of this and more.

Please stay in band, just for one year and hopefully more.

Because when you know you made that right choice, you will not understand what would've happened if you didn't.