.01 --- berceuses

Name: My real name is Kammi, but I’m also known as ‘berceuses’ here.

Age: I’m 20.

On Wattpad since: December 11th, 2012 (but I had a previous Wattpad account for about six months)

---

Favourite tv show(s)?

Ohmigosh, this is just about the hardest question ever. But my favorite shows are Freaks and Geeks, Friends, Sherlock, Dawson’s Creek, Breaking Bad, Teen Wolf, How I Met Your Mother, and Skins UK.

Favourite colour(s)? 

My absolute favorite color is green. I find it to be very relaxing and soothing. Not to mention, when I wear it, it makes my eyes look amazing.

Favourite book(s)? 

My favorite published books: every novel John Green has ever written, The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen, the Sherlock Holmes novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, and The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.

My favorite Wattpad books: (in no particular order) Cherry Knots by hepburnettes, Bullet by SimplyxJess, perfected. By adomania, Lost Love by phoebegardens, Lisbon by carefuldaughters, Trapped in Forever by Lyssade, and Stuck in Savannah by milliondollarbaby

What made you start writing?

I don’t really know what made me start writing. It just kind of happened one day. In fifth grade, I had to write a one paragraph story. I ended up writing five pages and after that, it just kind of became my thing. It was my escape from the real world, the thing I did when I just needed to get away from everything. And now it’s my passion.

Favourite character you've created, and why?

Um, my favorite character I’ve ever created is probably Ivanna from The Cool Kids. Up until I started this novel, my favorite character was Genevieve from The Boys You Do. However, there’s something that’s really down to earth about Ivanna. She just reads like a real teenage girl to me; she has all kinds of flaws, but has a passion for art that really speaks volumes about her.

Have you ever considered publishing any of your works?

All I’m going to say is that I truly hope that one day, my books will be published. 

What do you do to fight the infamous "writers block"?

I write all of the time, so it kind of helps with the writer’s block. However, when I do get it, I turn to a different book for a day or two, write a scene that’s been on my mind that won’t take place until further in the novel. It just helps to distract me from what I know what I should write next, but can’t because every draft sucks.

What can change your mood instantly?

Music. I can be really sad one minute and then the next minute, I’ll listen to one of my favorite songs and instantly feel better. It’s just so comforting because there’s music for just about every mood out there.

What did you have most fun writing?

So far, The Cool Kids. Writing about a character that’s going to die is the craziest thing I’ve ever written. For me, it’s been all about exploring the characters, about turning them into real people. I mean, there’s far more drinking than’s probably necessary, but I’ve also gotten to explore a few other topics that I’ve never written about before. The mystery is fun and I’ve been able to incorporate a romance (or a few) that I’m particularly in love with myself.

Any special people on here you met?

I’ve gotten to meet a lot of wonderful people. There’s:

Noelle (hepburnettes): Gosh, she’s one of my favorite people here. Not only is she an incredible writer, but she’s super down to earth and has all sorts of talents. I mean, I’ve known her since my Booksie days, but this is a friendship that I never want to end.

Iris (liaisons): She’s one of my biggest supporters and closest friends. We chat all of the time and she’s just a super friendly person to talk to.

Steph (littlebirdie_): Even though she’s no longer on Wattpad, she’ll forever be one of my closest friends here. I seriously love this girl to death because she’s so cool and sweet.

Jess (SimplyxJess): Another incredibly talented author. We don’t really talk as much anymore, but I think she’s crazy talented and writes truly deep emotional incredible stories.

Lyssa (Lyssade): Queen of description right here. Not only is she amazing, but her love for superheroes and Disney movies is kind of what brought us close.

Ivy (MillionDollarBaby): This chick is crazy. Though she’s very sporadic, I love her to death because not only is her writing incredible, but she’s seriously such a cool person. She’s traveled and likes Miley Cyrus and just seems to be off on wild crazy adventures all of the time.

Trish (Entice_): Out of all of these people, she’s one of the few that I’ve actually met here on Wattpad. (Everyone else I’ve known from Booksie, but I still consider them my closest friends because we’ve all been through hell of a lot.) Trish is seriously so cool, though. Every time she comes to my page to freak out about Teen Wolf, I just crack up. She’s a really sweet person and my favorite times are when she posts half-naked male models on my message board.

Izzy (carefuldaughters): I feel like we’re the same kind of people. She’s super down to earth, she’s been such a lovely supporter, and her writing is so awesome.

Favourite author on Wattpad?

Yeah, I’m not answering this because I don’t actually have a favorite Wattpad author. Everyone I’ve listed above are all amazing.

If you could co-write with someone who would it be?

Oh goodness, this is so hard, but honestly, I would give anything to co-write with either Noelle, Jess, or Izzy. I feel like each of our writing styles would compliment each other’s well. Especially Jess because our writing styles are pretty similar.

Any last shoutouts?

I just want to say thanks to everyone who’s supporting me, reading my books, following, voting, and commenting. Seriously, I’m still amazed that I’ve made it this far. I mean, I don’t really have luck on my side and everything on Wattpad has been serious hard work. It’s helped me to feel better about my writing, to feel confident, and to dream even bigger. Thank you so much for everything, I love you all.

--- THANK YOU! <3