Whats lost can be found

Concealed behind a dense fog,shielding him from the inquisitive eyes of his peers,he seeks shelter amidst the mass of bramble and foliage. Driving deeper into the dark crevices of a twisted and turbulent path eradicated by fear and desperation. Establishing barriers the likes of which well known archeticets could never achieve. And why he does this remains a mystery as a young girl innocently and blindly follows after him into the depths of hell in which she's never seen. She knows this boy, or at least knew him,the natural lengthy pattern of his thoughts, the glimmer of warmth concealed in his hardened brown eyes, the small smile that graced his lips when she beamed at him, thanking him profusely for his assistance. She knew all his little secrets as well as she knew her own. But as she watched the boy's onyx head disappear into the inky labyrinth, an ebbing sense of dread penetrated her thoughts as she propelled herself forward refuting the idea that he was lost to her. In an instance her blonde hair flew freely from the confines of a few measly clips that had come undone. A striking contrast to the blacks and grey's that swirled in her vision trying to throw her off the trail of her target. But it was in vain as she stumbled into a shallow stream a few meters behind the collapsed form of the boy. Dirtied and bleeding the boy stagered to his feet in a final attempt to save his last entity from the corruption that filled his every waking moment. But as he turned to meet her a final time, the girls icy blue gaze stopped him from any movement. An unforeseen presence kept him still as he drank in her porcelain features as if it were there first meeting. For her tattered white dress, bare feet, and strikingly blonde hair that hung around her head in a eternal halo, casted a spectral glow on her surroundings. She knew what was to come, as his brown eyes softened and his pale lips trembled along with his hands. She had lost him, the small smiles and laughs they shared, the late night talks they'd have on the strangest things,the warmth that only he could sustain on the coldest of nights, the same warmth she relied on to lull her to a dream less sleep. She had lost it all in that very moment. Never averting her gaze she wondered briefly when it had happened, when had her love lost his innocence, when did he become so withdrawn and sullen. Sighing briefly she accepted their fates, she couldn't help him, it was her own fault really, for her feeble mind and body were never required to perform strenuous task or look the hardships of life in the face. No, she relied on him for that, blissfully ignorant to the pain and torment that this dare boy had to endure to protect her. She met his gaze once again and slowly her lips parted into a final breath taking smile, although her heart protested in agony, she knew there was no other choice. She had lost him to the world of the corrupted , but as she watched his retreating back she closed her eyes for she felt certain that one day she would meet him again in a new world, for now it was only a matter of time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay everyone, I do hope you enjoyed my little re-write of this poem/short story, it's been years since I last looked at them but I've finally felt a resurgence of inspiration to revise and create additional stories for you to read. And I would like to thank those who have waited patiently for me to write again, I can't Wait to speak to you guys again, so by all means please comment, send me messages, and vote. You guys are all amazing love yah, till next time.