The Fourth

• Dedicated to You

It was the fourth of July. I was simple walking down the street when you came running up alongside me and my sister.

"Would you guys maybe want to go out on the boat with me tonight?" You asked ending the sentence with your eyes on me.

We agreed. In the end things didn't work out and we ended up going to separate places. Later on that night I dragged my sister around the neighborhood desperate to catch you when you got home. I forgot to mention you left the next day for that three week trip.

An hour of two passed. And sure enough you sped by and a few moments later came onto my porch. We talked and laughed for a few hours. Then your other friend came over. Let's just put it nicely and say he was very 'happy'. You were actually quite pissed off by his presence which just made the whole thing even funnier.

Later on your friend was talking to himself and you scooted across the bench next to me and pulled out your phone.

"Listen to this song." Was all you said before it started playing.

As I listened I watched you. But you wouldn't look me in the eyes. Later on with a longer than usually hug and sad goodbye you walked away. And I'll admit I already missed you.

(the song to the side)