37

Coming back to Daegu used to make him feel uneasy. Knowing that men armed with handguns and pocket knives were probably keeping an eye on him made it feel like everyday was the day he was going to die; "It's a direct order from the boss," they said.

How couldn't he possibly be afraid when they practically follow him everywhere; ready to slit his throat or beat the hell out of him the moment he fucks up the job.

It did happen once, though. 

A couple years back, early into his new job when he was still in it for the thrill. When he was still in it to feel the euphoric rush in his veins.

Trust goes both ways, doesn't it?

He was promised cash, the latest gadgets, more cash, cocaine, heroine and whatnot. The other guys were friendly with him, treated him like he was one of them and that he belonged. He was also assured of his safety: protection from hitmen, the authorities, the world--but he wasn't assured of his safety from themselves.

"Don't fuck this up, kid." They said.

"Trust me," He replied.

But they never really did, did they?

Having their own hitmen following after his steps to make sure that that little high school boy didn't turn rogue. With a single command they could end his life in an instant.

"Please, s-stop!" he bellowed as he took another blow in the stomach.

After having been caught exchanging goods in the alleyway by the authorities, the company had lost a large deal of money, a couple of costumers and not to mention their cover. Heck, they were nearly caught if their connections hadn't cooled down the situation.

They beat him up.

Bad.

'Til he was left black and blue in the same alleyway.

"This will teach ya a lesson," They laughed in a sinister way as they left him there.

Coming back to Daegu used to make him feel uneasy.

Yet he finds himself running down the dark streets of Daegu, the cold crisp wind that slapped against his cheeks made him want to scurry off back into the comforts of his sheets, but he had just put the life of the one person most important to him on the line.

That was the one thing that he swore to himself that he would never let happen, and yet here it was; unfolding right before him.

He knew better than to take Jiyong's words lightly, and Jiyong was smart enough to take advantage of his puppy love-dazed state to manipulate him into doing what he wants.

This was all part of Jiyong's plan all along. Seeing as he couldn't do anything to make Yoongi continue his job before he quit, letting him walk away and then blackmailing him would do the job.

He knew where to hit him--hard. And he knew exactly how to do it.

And so, Yoongi finds himself running a couple doors down the hallway before finally stopping in front of hers. He had his fists pounding against the door and her name slipping past his lips.

"Serin!" He called out as he pounded almost in sync with his racing heart. With every knock unanswered made it feel like his heart was going to burst out of his chest.

He stopped a couple of times, trying to listen for any sign of movement, but when all he heard was the deafening silence, his blood ran cold through his veins and his hands went clammy.

"Come on, open the door. It isn't funny, Serin." He huffed as he continued hammered his swollen knuckles on the door repeatedly, "This isn't the time for jokes,"

Of course it isn't the time for jokes, your life is on the line! He thought to himself.

To his surprise, the door opens ajar; light spilling into the hallway floor.

He burst through the door, quickly holding her tightly in his arms, "W-What did they do to you?!" He squawked, "I swear--fuck, what the hell did they do to you--"

She shoved him away, pushing out of his arms as she heaved a sigh while she pivoted away from him.

"W-What the--Did they hit you?" He grabbed onto her shoulder and spun her around to face him only to have her swat his hand away, "Tell me," She started.

"Are you still working for them, huh?"

"N-No, I don't work for them anymore. I told you that, Serin!" He dug his fingers in his hair in frustration, "I quit a long time ago."

"Then why the fuck is this happening, Yoongi?!" She sniveled.

His heart felt like it just melted into a warm puddle of sadness as he took long strides across the room to reach her, pulling her into the safety of his arms as he squeezed her gently into his chest.

"I-I'm so sorry," He whispered in her ear as he stroked her hair gently in the hopes of calming her down, "I won't let them hurt you again,"

A few seconds felt like several minutes of silence and sobs before she finally wrapped her arms around him as well, burying her face in the crook of his neck as she sobbed.

"I'll fix this, I promise." He spoke softly, "I'll make things right."

---

HELLO  I AM BACK :D

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE ITS COMING TO A CLOSE SOON HEHEHEH

Please don't forget to leave even just short comments because I really enjoy reading them :D

BamPow