Mazeophobia▪20

mazeophobia ~~ fear of being lost

Evelyn:

The sensation of an icy waterfall suddenly drenching my entire body was what startled me awake. Every fiber of me had felt the experience so realistically that as I fumbled to turn on my bedside lamp I was desperately gasping for air.

With trembling fingers I moved quickly towards my closet before slipping on a pair of shoes and a coat. My gloves were the last article of clothing to go over my pj clad body as I quietly rushed out of house.

The car the car the car the car the car the car the car the car the car the car the carthecarthecarthecarthecar

Only those two words were what I could mentally grab hold of as my body was moving itself on auto-pilot. Somewhere in me I was aware that the air outside was fridged, and that my feet were beginning to beg for any moment of rest.

But there was something more prominent that was pushing those towards the bottom of my list of priorities.

I hadn't even been bothered enough to turn on the light from my cellphone as I wordlessly trekked through the thick infamous woods of Beacon Hills.

"We're trying to save you, Stiles. We're trying to save your life." It was the intrusion of the unknown voice into my thoughts that momentarily caused me to regain control.

Stopping proved to be the worst possible thing that I could've done as it had fully 'woken' me up. My lungs were grasping for even the tiniest bit of air, and I was forced to use a tree for support because of my trembling legs.

The night air had begun to creep through my thick coat, causing any remnants of whatever I had just gone through to fully disappear. Well whatever it was the I came here for should at least be close by.

My hand reached into my pocket as I continued to use the moment to rest before turning on the flashlight from my cellphone. A startled gasp passed my shivering lips as I took note of how closely I had been from steeping off a ledge. It seemed like a small way to the bottom, but the pain would have still been there if I had fallen.

I pushed myself off the tree to sweep the light around the area I was in. Where was it--

"Hello?" My own thoughts were cut off after having heard whimpering coming from what appeared to be an abounded car at the bottom of the ditch. It thankfully sounded human so I don't find any harm in making sure they're okay.

There was no other response besides a louder cry of distress, but it was enough to get me moving down a small path. As my feet touched the bottom safely an intense smell immediately rushed at my nose.

Oh gosh. That smells putrid.

I flinched back before bringing my free arm to cover my nose with as I moved towards the car. Momentarily holding my breath I crouched down to peer inside as I couldn't see properly in without doing so.

All forms of relief swept through me as I spotted Stiles' chest still moving.

Placing my phone in a spot that would illuminate the inside of the car for me, I slowly moved closer. I placed my gloved hand over his bare arm, but even then I could still feel the freezing temperature.

"Stiles." I called out whilst shaking his arm. There was no response so I tried again. This time someone answered back but it wasn't the unconscious boy.

Voices where close by. Most likely atop the hill. "We're down here. Please hurry!" My hopes were that it was someone who was out looking for Stiles, and not some creep out in the woods late at night.