12

sitting on the rooftop, i let my eyes take in the sight that lies before me.

my classmates were happily playing sports. a not-so foreign feeling of envy clouded over me. but it wasn't as heavy as before. seeing them smile made me feel like we were the same in a sense.

my thoughts were interrupted when i heard the door open, immediately going pale.

filled with fear, i refused to look back.

footsteps were coming closer and closer, as if they were taunting me. i hug my body lightly, knowing that it would only be a matter of time before they came back to pick on me.

my assumptions were right, when i hear a cocky-like laugh come from a boy behind me.

finally sparing a glance, i find out it was that same boy who always picked on me, the one i slapped.

his bruise was not gone, but it was fading. it was on his right eye, and i slapped him on the left side. so i know i didn't leave it there.

but who did?

"you thought i was just going to give up on you?"  he smirked and harshly grabbed me by the collar, yanking me up and placing me against a nearby wall.

i didn't even try to struggle anymore, i know what was going to happen if i did.

i'm never going to be left alone. but half of it's my fault- my existence is smeared with weakness. my mind wasn't living in reality; i let myself get carried into some fairy tail.

maybe it is my fault completely.

all i can do is brace myself and bury my face in my hands, awaiting the impact.

however, it never came.

i hear a thud and some shuffling, which causes me to open my eyes.

the scene in front of me was unbelievable, much like the person.

it was him.

and i was glad.