My Daughter

My daughter, before us all you stand a woman I'd love to have the honor of fathering once again. That is if your mother would give me the pleasure of doing so. Your mother and I shall never forget your fighting spirit when you entered this world. How you smiled the first day we met. Within seconds we bonded. Many times you've been asked to give in to your fears. We prayed you'll brave it and come clean. Your mother and I watched as you woke up to pray, heard you sob in your sleep. Mum told me you'll make it. Well i never understood the ways of a woman. I met your mum when she was a woman, you came out of my body. I was scared I would not be a good dad but you two made sure I had your guidance. I've been scared, worried and afraid. You laughed those fears away and gave me a hug. I've been hard on you, sometimes but I do hope you understand. Right now staring at you, I just realise you are just like your mum. And it gives me the assurance that you'd pass on the tender care to your children. Now I sit here wishing I were your child. Just the way I wish you were my little girl. I owe you the honour of knowing, loving and having you. Today you become a woman, a wife. I wish you all the best in your marriage. I love you - Koranteng Joshua Yaw (1987-??)