Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Chapter 6

Hayley Williams POV

The final school bell rings loudly across the school. I quickly run out of the room and out the main doors, doing my best to avoid everyone. I don't want any more lectures and I don't want to talk anymore. I slip my headphones on, shuffling my playlist to Green Day. Boulevard of Broken Dreams begins playing and I hum it quietly. I hear heavier footsteps behind me, reluctantly turning to face them. It's not Jeremy, Andy, Joe, or Taylor. Instead, I find Andy Biersack standing over me. "Williams." He nods. I give him an awkward smile. "Umm.. Yeah? Hi.." He bites his lip. "Well this is awkward.. Okay. So that 'party' at Oli's? Well, Oli and I don't totally get along and I... well I kinda have feelings for Juliet. So I wanna make him jealous or whatever by showing up with a girl of my own.. Dammit, I'm basically asking you to pretend to be 'my woman' and go with me. He'll be pissed." Andy scratches the back of his head awkwardly. I try to function what he's saying. "umm... Oh. Wow.. Uhh, fine. But don't get too close.." At least he had the courage and trust to explain everything to me. It can't be that bad, right? "Fuck, yeah.. Uhhh. Thanks. See ya around." I nod and sling the door open to my house. I immediately hear screaming, of course. I sigh and run into the dining room, pushing them. "SHUT UP! ENOUGH! Enough of this! Leave it be! GOD! Stop it, I'm sick of this!" I shriek. My dad turns to me, his face really red from anger. "DAMMIT HAYLEY! SHUT UP! DON'T YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO RUIN BESIDES US?!" I bite my lip, eyebrows furrowed in anger. "Funny thing to say when you're the one who started this whole 'I want a new woman' conspiracy." I shake my head quickly and run up the stairs, locking myself in my bedroom. I drop my bag at my feet and throw myself onto the bed, and sob somewhat quietly into my pillow. Fuck my life.