Chapter 1~Just Can't get Enough

With full knowledge that I would only get the same demoralizing response I plead with my mother once more to allow me to stay home for the millionth time since I found out about this "Family bonding trip". The timing was inconvenient and my father had been on business for so long that his sudden return was both unexpected yet highly anticipated.

"Mother, can I please just stay home and go to the concert with Amber, I don't feel up to travelling" I begged effortlessly, hoping this time she'd sympathize with me

"I'm sorry honey, I wish you could stay Tesoro (sweetie), but this trip means a lot to your father" she said calmly but the look in her eyes reflected anxiety and fear. I knew my mother far too well to know she wasn't exactly thrilled about this trip either but if it were so important to my father we haven't got much of a choice. Feeling hopeless and completely dejected, I left the room throwing her hopeful glances as I approached the foot of the stairs. She found humor in my actions and burst into a fit of laughter

"Oh Arianna you have your fathers silly humor, but you know what?"

"What is it Madre?" (mother) I asked texting away at my phone.

"I will get you girls tickets to the next concert of your choice, wherever in the world it may be" she said giddily

My heart raced wildly as I skipped back to where she stood washing dishes

"Really mom? You would do that?"

"Yes of course, anything for you amore".

I threw my arms around her and she nearly dropped the dish she wash washing as we both burst out laughing.

"Arianna baby pack heavy, we may be there for a while." she said looking down at the dish she was washing rather intensely.

i tilted my head in skepticism , Mom seems a bit off but she's probably just nervous to see dad soon. After 21 years of marriage you'd think they'd gotten over the honeymoon phase. Oh what I'd give to find love like that. I shrugged the thought off as I began dumping the contents of my closet into various suitcases.

3 hours later I was done. I collapsed on my bed and for the first time in hours only for my phone to buzz me back to reality. It was Hailey my crazy best friend in the whole world.

Hailey: Hey Ari, I've got some bad news.

Adrianna: what is it doll?

Hailey: my mom says I can't go to the concert but she wont tell me why she just told me to pack. Ugh I'm so mad I just want to hit something

Adrianna: I can't go either, crazy enough I have to pack for some trip as well, and I've got good news though

Hailey: really? I doubt it

Adrianna: oh stop being such a pessimist my mom said she'd get us tickets to their next concert wherever in the world it may be =D

Hailey: REALLY?!?!?!? your mom is way cool yay im soo happy again but gtg i gotta go pack for my vacation in hell...oh how ill miss the annoying traffic #NOT lol ttyl doll

Adrianna: toodlezx hun xoxo

i threw my phone down and sat up. Looking around my room for the first time after the whirlwind of clothes, I had 5 suitcases packed with almost all my life in them sitting by my feet. The thought of unpacking all this stuff slowly began to lull me into a deep slumber.

I woke up the next morning to my mom gently tapping me

"Its time to wake up honey, we have to get to the airport."

too tired to respond so I simply shook my head in response. Her heels clicked loudly as she left the room. Mom would be the one to look so well put together at such ungodly hours of the day.

I took a shower, and went to my closet to retrieve my go to travel wear. My favorite pink sweat suit, and my uggs. Our Butler, Taylor had already taken all the bags to the car so I grabbed my hobo bag and skipped down the stairs, out the door, and into the car.

The flight was long from NY To L.A. But the private jet is far more comfortable than a commercial flight. We arrived in L.A. on schedule and we found dad and we began our interminable drive.

About an hour later we pulled into a beautiful estate. Arriving at the top of the cul de sac adorned with a beautiful fountain a butler came out and opened my door.

"Thank you" i said smiling sincerely at him

"you are welcome Ms. smith" he responded with a smile of his own

he took my bags out the car but left my parents luggage in the car.

"mom? dad? why isn't he taking out your luggage"

"umm sweetie we will explain later but for now we have to go baby, but we love you and i promise we will see you soon" my mom said obviously scared but my dad remained reticent stroking her hand and being overly comforting.

What does she need comforting for? I don't know what is going on but I sure as hell intend on finding out.

"okay? bye then i guess?...i love you mom....love you dad"

"We love you too baby" she said kissing my head... they drove off leaving me with the butler.

"Please follow me Ms. Smith the Harrington's have been expecting you.

I followed him up to my room after we loaded my things onto the elevator

Finally settled in my room i sat on the California kind bed and began rummaging through my purse for my cell phone

"No Shawn I really don't have time for this" I jumped, a strange seductive voice disrupting my train of thought. This day gets weirder by the second but maybe he can give me some answers

but first who is he? And why is he in my room?

"That madame is Mr. Harrington he insisted on waiting for you in here after seeing your fathers car pull up" i turned around startled, yet again, to see an old lady in a maids outfit,

"did i say that outloud?" i said smiling

"yes madame im afraid you did" she said smiling back

"any way he is on your balcony behind that curtain" she said pointing to a royal purple curtain with translucent henna designs embroidering it, much to my surprise the décor in the room was much to my liking almost as if it were designed specifically for me.

I pulled the curtain aside, revealing a Moonlit balcony with the most amazing view of L.A.. beside the view of the city stood a built man. He wore an untucked white button down shirt and fitted khaki chinos and matching boat shoes. He seemed to be unaware of my presence and I continued to watch as his hair fell over his eyes as he looked down, saying that I wasn't slightly intrigued by him would be an understatement. I wonder if this is Aiden, The first son of the Harrington's that id heard so much about. My Curiosity peaked and I became tempted to ask a million questions , but I thought against it.

Before i could finish contemplating what i should do he turned around and caught me standing there, "well more like staring" My inner goddess gladly added in for me

"Hello Arianna, I'm Aiden;" he paused for a minute and then was gone. "I must say it is a pleasure to meet you ." He said his breath tickling my neck, how did he get there?