Chapter 23

CAROLINE'S POV

It was Friday November 22nd. I was on my way to my last period class. All I had to do was get through one more hour, my school was out all next week for Thanksgiving. That means I would have a whole week to be with Taylor without having to go to school then we would be going to Australia and New Zealand. I entered the classroom and took my seat, before the bell rang I checked my phone. I had one text message from Taylor saying that a letter from my dad came in the mail. That made me excited and disappointed. Excited for obvious reasons and disappointed because that means I wouldn't be getting another letter from him until after Thanksgiving.

That last class wasn't all that interesting, but it went by quickly for the most part. Soon I was walking through the crowded halls making my way out. I found Taylor's car waiting for me in the parking lot.

"Hey girl." she said when I opened the door.

"How was your day?" She asked after she started driving out.

"Fine, how was yours?" I said back, it was almost a reflex now.

"Good, I didn't do anything. I was bored all day because I was home alone." She told me.

"Should've let me stay home." I said while smiling.

"Oh stop it, you're going to be missing school for the next month." She said while turning onto our street and pulling into the parking lot of our apartment building. For the next five days it would just be Taylor and I. She was taking the week off because of her tour starting next week.

There were two fans waiting for Taylor outside between the building and her car. When we got out Taylor approached them and gave me the keys so I could get into our apartment while she took pictures with them. I took the elevator up to the top floor and walked into the cozy apartment. I threw my school bag down at the door and flopped down on the couch. I smiled at the ceiling because I would have Taylor all to myself all week.

The holidays were always hard since my mom was gone and it would be harder this year since my dad was too, but at least I'll have Taylor. Just then Taylor walked through the door and sat down on the little part of couch by my head that I wasn't laying on. Without saying anything she turned on the TV to Boy Meets World. I repositioned myself so I was in a ball on my side and my head was on Taylor's lap. She grabbed a blanket and spread it over my body before turning back to the TV. I was content knowing that this was how the rest of our week would be.

That night at around 10 I was in the kitchen. Taylor was beside me drinking hot chocolate. I watched as she sipped up the rest of her mug and went over to put it in the sink.

"I'm tired, I think I'm gonna go to bed." She yawned.

"It's not even that late, how are you tired?" I responded.

"I was up late last night!" Taylor argued.

"You were not." I said while smirking.

"How would you even know, Care, you were in bed." She laughed. She started making her way towards her bedroom so I started towards mine too since I'd have nothing to do once she was asleep.

"Oh now you're tired?" She asked with a grin when she saw me walking up the stairs. I laughed and she changed directions and started running after me up the stairs. I let out a shriek and ran to my room. Taylor was behind me and caught me before I made it to bed. I was laughing too hard to fight back. She was so much bigger than me that she could pick me up without that much effort. She tossed me onto the bed and started tickling my stomach, where she knew it tickled the most. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe. After I finally caught my breath I sat up and protected myself with the blankets.