Rebel Love Song - Chapter 2 - Part 1 -Temptation Of The Night

Start from the beginning

“I’m hungry!”

“You’re always hungry Jake”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A few hours later the band we’re having some left over pizza, Jake was in his own world (pizza does that to him sometimes), Ashley was glancing between CC and Ashlynn, he would always remain best friends with CC no matter what happened between them and Ashlynn. It would just take him a while to get over it if she chose CC. “RAWWWWRRRRRR” The band jumped out of their skins, Ashlynn blushed as she pulled her phone out. “You gave me a freaking heart attack Lynn” Andy held his chest and breathed deeply. She grinned and answered her phone,

Ashlynn held a finger up to the group, making them go silent as she answered her call. “Hello” she smiled. “Good afternoon, is this Miss. Ashlynn Stone?” a rough voice answered back, causing her to frown, she didn’t know who this was. “Uh, yes it is. Who is it calling?” Ugh! She hated talking in her ‘telephone’ voice; it made her sound like some posh idiot. “It’s Doctor Jones from North California Hospital. “ Ashlynn’s face dropped, everyone noticed and their expressions turned from amusement to worry. Poor Jinxx who was sitting beside Ashlynn at this point was shoved off the end of the couch quickly and almost trampled on as she ran outside. The door slammed with a loud bang, CC and Ashley exchanged worried glances and were just about to get up when Andy put his arm out to stop them, “It’s obviously private. Let her handle it” They nodded sadly and waited in anticipation.

Outside the tour bus Ashlynn began to shake, the cold nipping at her bare skin. “Sorry Doctor Jones. Has something happened? You only call me when something has happened” there was a moment silence and a sharp pain shot through her heart, it was bad news...she could feel it. “I’m sorry to tell you over the phone Ashlynn but...your brother Carter lost his battle....I’m so sorry” Ashlynn felt the burning tears before she finished her sentence; her worst fears had came true. After years of battling depression and cancer, Carter’s body wasn’t strong enough to handle the pain.

“Miss Stone?” Had she paused that long? “I-I’m still h-here” her voice began to break, she had no one left...her whole family had disappeared before her very own eyes. “I am so very sorry for your loss. “ Ashlynn shut her eyes tightly, begging herself not to break down right now. “Thank you Doctor...for everything you done. You made Carter comfortable for his last few years but sadly...his body...couldn’t take it anymore” her voice was barely a whisper; she was surprised that the Doctor heard her. “We’ll see you here in a few days I presume?” “Of course, I’ll have the arrangements made by then. Thank you” she hung up and leaned against the tour bus, slowly sliding down it until she was sitting on the gravel.

No one. That’s what Ashlynn had. No one. Her whole family had died, and now she was on her own. Even Kayla wasn’t answering her calls and she was supposed to be her best friend. Tears began to fall from her eyes and she didn’t bother wiping them away, there would be more to come in time, so why bother. Ashlynn dragged her knees up and wrapped her arms around them, burying her head on her crossed arms as loud sobs began to rack through her body, creating tremors. Her only sibling who had fought for so long, who had battled so many demons...lost the war. He was doing so well. Ashlynn was distraught, the pain was unimaginable, and for someone who watched her own parent’s death to just get a phone call to tell her that her brother had died....it was horrible. “I should have been there” she sobbed. Tightness formed in her lungs and soon Ashlynn found it hard to breathe. Panic attack. One of the major symptoms of suffering a huge loss.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ashley paced up and down the runway of the tour bus, Lynn had been out there for a long time, maybe he should check on her? No. He couldn’t, every time he made a move Andy made an attempt to stop him...and he always succeeded. “Damn gazelle legs...and arms” he muttered. “I heard that!” Andy’s voice rang out and Ashley rolled his eyes. Stupid hearing too. He walked back out to the living quarter of the bus to see if Lynn had came back out yet, CC was staring at the door sadly...hoping that she was alright. “Any news yet?” Andy shook his head and chewed his lip. “She’s taking an awful long time. Someone should check on her” Ashley looked up hopefully.  “I think Jinxx should. You and CC need to give her some space, you’ve been crowding around her ever since she got here” Andy looked between the pair with a grim expression. “I know you both are in love or falling in love with her. She’s obviously torn between you both. The decision will be her own; and will be a natural decision to her” Damn Andy and his superior wisdom. CC nodded, “We see where you’re coming from man. We’ll leave her be for a few days” Ashley nodded in agreement. Andy smiled comfortingly, “Jinxx! Go out and check on Lynn to see if she’s okay” Jinxx nodded and stepped outside, the door closing lightly behind him.

“I hope she’s okay, she seemed pretty frantic when she found out who the caller was” CC looked at Ashley, nodding in agreement. “I don’t think she could get out of their fast enough. There was pain clearly evident on her face” he murmured softly. Suddenly the tour bus opened and Jinxx walked in carrying a limp Lynn in his arms. Ashley and CC jumped up, ignoring Andy’s statement a few moments ago. “What the hell! What happened to her!” Ashley yelled, Jinxx rolled his eyes at him and lay Lynn on the couch.

The group all gazed down at Lynn, not sure what to do. “Is she still breathing? Check if she’s breathing!” he shouted. Jake quickly stumbled to find her pulse, it took a moment or two but finally the sigh of relief came, “It’s okay. She has a pulse and is breathing. She passed out” The band nodded, no one had noticed that Andy had left the room but he slowly pressed a wet towel to her forehead, the guys looked at him curiously, “My mom made me take first aid lessons when I was younger...Looks like it came in handy” he smiled softly as Lynn began to stir.

It took a few moments but she finally opened her eyes, CC muttered ‘thank god’ under his breath and patted her leg. “What happened Lynn?” Ashley looked at her, concerned; he began to stroke her hair softly. Ashlynn opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out...she remembered what made her pass out. Tears began falling once again down her raw cheeks, loud gasps filled the silent room as she finally broke down...the pain inside of her was unbearable. CC pulled her into his lap and hugged her tightly, “Ssssh. Lynn everything will be okay” He kissed the top of her hair, letting her soak his shirt and cling on as tightly as she wanted. “H-H-He’s gone C-C” she choked out, looking up at him with red and puffy eyes. CC looked down at her worriedly and clicked on...”Oh god! Oh god! I’m so sorry Lynn.” He kissed her head again and rocked her back and forth quickly, looking up at the guys with a tell you later look. They nodded and helped comfort Ashlynn.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After a half an hour, Ashlynn had cried herself to sleep in CC’s arms; he had brought her to his bunk and tucked her in tightly before walking back to the guys. He walked...mournfully and knowing CC, nothing ever got him down, so when the guys noticed his expression...they knew something was very wrong. “What happened CC?” Andy looked up at him. “A few years ago Ashlynn’s brother was diagnosed with severe clinical depression; he had attempted suicide many times but never completed it. Their parents admitted him to the Psyche ward but nothing helped. Then a year or two later...he was diagnosed with acute leukaemia. Lynn was heartbroken; she was there all the time for her brother and then when her parents died....it was only the two of them. Lynn had actually watched them die, they were murdered. “CC looked at the band, fighting back his tears.

“The phone call that just happened....it was Carter’s Doctor” He looked at them sadly, knowing he was about to cry....he didn’t want the band to see him cry, it made him feel weak. “The Doctor had bad news...Carter didn’t make it, the struggle with his cancer and all his suicide attempts...it was too much strain on his body, and it wasn’t healing properly. He died. Ashlynn has no one now. All of her family are gone....She even told me a few days ago that Kayla hasn’t been answering her calls after the mall. I’m the only thing she has left, I’ve known her my whole life and to see her like this...it’s having its effects. She’s so heartbroken....I’m afraid for her guys. I’m afraid she’ll try to take her own life” CC choked on the last part of his sentence and began to cry, he sunk to the floor on his knees and instantly 4 pairs of hands were on his back and pulling him into hugs.

The band had never seen CC in such a way, and they knew that Ashlynn meant everything to him, Ashley could see it. When CC cries, you know it’s something that is affecting him as well. “Everything will be okay CC. We’ll not let her be alone, but we can’t smother her either. We have to remain close but be at a distance. She’ll not try to commit suicide” Andy hugged his best friend tightly.

Hoping that Ashlynn wouldn’t try suicide.

Well, this is Chapter 2 :D A bit more darker than I expected but once I got started I couldn’t stop. I hope you like it and please review!