Prologue

PROLOGUE - LEXI'S POINT OF VIEW

A sound so astringent and unforeseen ripples through the air, silence ensuing its thundering cry. My ears are ringing, the blaring sonance piercing my ear drums in a way that makes me feel deaf. All preceding acrimony and astringency that was vocalized has been clipped, severed, and minced by the ear-splitting noise that none of us had any yearning to hear.

I open my eyes, and the sight of the smoke emitting from the end of the pistol aimed at Harry snatches all of the air from my lungs. My heart constricts as I look at the slender finger relinquishing the trigger, a sadistic smile forming on his face as my lips begin trembling.

A horrifying, blood-curdling scream deracinates the shuddersome silence and I'm not quite sure if it came from Harry's throat or mine.

The scarlet blood that has tainted the white carpet below our feet snatches my attention, the splattered droplets sending a mortified shiver along my vertebrae. My stomach contorts into a convoluted knot as realization dawns on me;

the pistol has been fired.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Hope this wasn't too detailed or too short for a prologue, el oh el I'm not good at these. UPDATE: I have no idea why this prologue was unpublished, or when, but I'm publishing it again because there's no reason for it not to be if it's already written out.

-Love, Peace, & Chicken Grease