Unpacking - Chapter Four

author's note:
Yoo, your favorite faggot is back
And - Holy Shit! Thank you for already over 600 reads! Never thought that so many people would be enjoying my fanfic, haha. Thanks, it really means a lot to me.~

You jump up, as a loud ringing tone rips you out of your sweet slumber. Your paw instantly grabs for your alarm clock, but strangely before you could hit the snooze button, the ringing has already stopped. Confused, you sit up. "Huh, 12 am.. guess my alarm didn't go off.. but where did this ringing come from? ...Am I going crazy.." It took some time, filled with procrastinating, until you finally dragged yourself out of bed, and lazily dress yourself. You couldn't care less about your looks right now since you're not planning on leaving the house, so it's okay. While shuffling out of your room, the irritating noise hits your eardrums again. But this time, you actually recognise the noise. - It's just the doorbell. Annoyed by your stupidity, you walk over to a window, looking for whoever is ringing. Who would want to see you anyways? To your surprise, you see Gregg standing in front of your door, who seems really impatient. Confused, you think what he could want from you, when you finally remember. He promised to help you unpack, while you two were walking home yesterday. Out of nowhere, every event from yesterday hits you again like a train.
You remember his warmth, how close he was to you, his cute but also husky and raspy voice, the feeling of his soft paws, his warm breathe hitting your face, and his loving and deep stare, as he looked into your eyes. He even hugged you when you to said your goodbyes. -- The sudden strike of overflowing emotion, causes you to blush, looking like a tomato...
Suddenly, all those positive emotions are replaced with pure shame. Several thoughts are racing through your head. Oh gosh, you're such a bad person. How could you forget all of this?! He must be so pissed, fuck. Swearing to yourself, you quickly shake of the thoughts, and rush to your door, before he could leave. Swiftly, you fling open the door. You could see, that he was about leave, good thing you were still on time.
You just stand there for a while, in complete shock, thinking about what to say
"I'm so sorry! I overslept a-and.. my alarm, like.. I don't even know? - It just? - I..?", you ramble for a while, not really making any sense. Perplex, Gregg walks up to you, laying his paws on your shoulder.
"Hey, hey, hey, calm down.. Why so worried?", He looks a bit concerned at you, making your nervousness skyrocket.
"...Uh, sorry.. I just.. it's so rude of me.. "
"[Y/N], it's no problem. I wasn't here for so long.. okay?"
"No, but still.. I'm such an assh-",
Gregg cuts you off before you could finish that last word.
"No, you're not! Everbody, like, forgets something. It's not a big deal." He locks eyes with you, again. "Don't worry, okay?" He softly brushes across your shoulders with his warm paws, coming a bit closer to your sensitive neck.
You nod.
"Th-Thank you.. Gregg..", you stutter.
You two look at each other for a while. Snapping back into reality, you realise, that you still look like.. absolute shit, quite frankly. Well, not everybody wakes up looking flawless. "Uh.. before we start, I'd like to, like... get ready. I look like I just crawled outta a grave, or something."
"You do look a bit, like,.. beat up. I'll wait here, take your time.", he answers, laughing softly. You guide him to your half finished kitchen, where you offer him a seat, before rushing off to your bath.
"You could, like, eat something if you want, feel like you're at home.~", you say, smiling sweetly, which he just answers by nodding and grinning. "Don't be shy!", you say one more time before vanishing behind the door.

-later-

After some spending time with grooming and overall "morning hygiene", you can now consider yourself as a "quite-decent-looking-being", and finally walk out of the little bathroom. You could already see Gregg sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for you to come back. But you're also being greeted by a familiar smell. Coffee, to be exact.
"Did you eat something?", you ask, walking up to him, and taking a seat directly next to him.
"Not really, I actually like already ate something, but thanks!", he says and then pushes a cup of coffee towards you.
"But I figured you'd like some coffee.~", he smiles at you and takes a sip from his own coffee. You look at it for while. A bit baffled, you lift the cup of strong smelling coffee, and grin like an idiot. You couldn't quite comprehend why he was being so sweet and caring towards you, but you more than just enjoy it.
"Thank you Gregg, this is so sweet of you..~", you say, drinking a little coffee. "Don't mention it.", he answers, laughing softly. The coffee tasted wonderful, just how you always drink it. How did he know this? You secretely look over to him while drinking. -- The feeling inside you, when Gregg is with you, is absolutely indescribable. You always get nervous when he's around. But he also never fails to make you happy.. It.. is weird. But you couldn't quite put your finger on what this feeling actually is, though. -- It didn't take long until the both of you have finished their beverages, which resulted into you two just sitting around for a while. When suddenly, Gregg jumped up, which caused you to wince. Where did all this excitement suddenly come from?
"Enough sitting around, let's start!", he says, energetically pulling you up by your hand, but a bit too fast. You almost fall over, but luckily you could get a hold on Gregg's shoulder.
"Ah, not so fast, you almost made me fall over!", you complain, while still shoving your fingers in his leather jacket.
"Stop with the complaining and let's do this!", he laughs, and pulls you by your hand.
"Okay, okay! Don't rip my arm off!"