Chapter 11

Notes from Author: I hope you guys are enjoying the story. Please message me and everything if you like this. No I'm not begging for votes or anything, though if you like please, don't not push vote on my account ;) But it means a lot to me if you tell me your reading all the way to here.

This is based off of Exodus 8.

PS I proof read it myself no one else helpped me....so if there is a major difference between the grammer let me know and I shall do what I have been doing just hoping to speed things along is all.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter eleven 

"Think about what I said, Pharaoh." I told my brother, Ramses. With that I slowly spun to my right and walked down the short hallway to the door that leads outside. I walked up a few short stairs when I heard my brother Aaron's voice behind me.

"Your brother is even more stubborn than you Moses." he informed me, gently pating me on the back. He walked past me and the guards opening the giant wooden doors, glazed in gold, for us. "Something I thought was impossible."

I sighed, looking at my feet momentarily before continuing to walk. "That he is." I said, disappointed. "If only he would listen. It would all be so very different."

"Well, brother," Aaron told me as he was about to hop on the donkey. "Not everyone makes the easy decisions. He is doing what he feels is right, whether it is or not. If he won't listen and obey God, then he is in the Lord's way."

I stopped him from getting on the donkey by placing a hand on his shoulder. "You know what happens to those who stand in His way." I said, referring to the Lord. I got on the donkey before my brother, to Aaron's disappointment. "I don't want to see him to suffer what those other fools do."

"We can't stop the Lord, nor should we." he told me, preparing to walk all the way back instead of riding like I was. "Pharaoh has had many chances to repent, and many more to come. His future and that of his peoples's, are in his hands. Now come on. It's a long way home."

We went on our way. We had traveled no more than a few minutes when I heard God's voice in my mind. 

"Moses!" He called out. 

I raised my head, which had been looking toward the ground. I was ready to listen.

"Moses," the Lord continued, "tell your brother Aaron to stretch out your staff and strike the dust of the Earth, and the dust of Egypt will become gnats."

"Moses?" my brother asked me, getting my attention. "You talking to God again?"

"More Him talking to me." I said, a little surprised. "How did you know?"

He slowly waved his hand in front of his eyes. "You get this look when you focus hard on something, or are talking with the Lord."

"I do?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yes, looks like your eyes aren't working." he stumbled, trying to find a way to explain it. "They don't move, they seem to be stuck on a certain object, and, I'm not sure how to say this but, the life is gone from your eyes."

"Interesting," I said without meaning to.

"What did the Lord say, brother?" Aaron asked.

I reached behind me and pulled out my staff from the pack and tossed it to him. "He said to strike the land, and the dust of Egypt would become gnats."

He caught it, almost hitting him in the head before doing so. "I hate gnats." Aaron informed me.

He then walked a little ways from the donkey, surrounding himself with sand. I saw him pick up the staff in his hands and drop the end of it in the sand. A small wave was created, causing sand to rise and fall three cubits away from my brother. Aaron was momentarily gone behind a layer of dust, because as the dust feel back to the ground some dust remained in the air.