Just think of the future.

Chapter 1

Jeremy Davis P.O.V

I stared at the clock hanging high on the wall. The tick of each second blocked out the noise around me, including the loud girl across from me, complaining about her ex. Each second slowly droned on as I waited. The school tardy bell had already rang minutes ago. I studied the seconds passing by, as the door slammed. Hayley rushed over to her seat quietly, not making any eye contact with anyone. In that moment, I swear I saw a blotchy red mark on her face. I looked over at Joe, Andy, and Taylor, who were all staring back at each other, giving the same expression. They must have saw it too. Class began almost immediately, the teacher constantly explaining every little detail ever about the lesson. It was already unbearable, and I couldn't stop thinking about Hayley. We all saw it and it's bothering me. What happened? Did someone really hurt her? I'm afraid to know, because I know my emotions will get the best of me. But something in my mind is urging me that something happened at home. The bell rings loudly across the classroom, everyone slamming their books and, Vic specifically, throwing wads of paper. I give Taylor, Joe, and Andy a look. Hayley is one of the first out of the room, head still hanging low. I sling my book down into my backpack and rush after her. "Hayley." She stops tensely and turns to face me. I can see the blotchy mark across her cheek more clearly now. "What happened Hayley?"