Chapter 1

"Welcome to the Laura Jones show," a voice boomed throught the speakers.  I bit my lip and twisted my fingers anxiously.  Sure, I can sing in front of a full arena, but put me on a stage in front of 300 people with a talk show host and I panic.

"We're please to introduce our special guest, Emily Scott!"  I froze just back stage.  I couldn't do this.

"That's your cue," my manager, Ms. Robbins urged, nudging me out onto the stage.

I walked carefully to the middle of the stage and was met by the sound of screaming fans.  Laura Jones stood up from her chair, adjusting her charcoal black pencil skirt that framed her pretty tan legs and reached over to hug me.

"Emily!  I can't tell you how thrilled we are that you took time out of your tour to meet with us."

I grinned, as exciting as tour was, I was definitely ready for a break.  "Anytime."

Laura ushered me over to the large, comfy-looking chairs in the center of the stage.  I plopped down ungracefully onto the couch.

"So, Emily, it's been a very busy year for you.  An international tour.  Your cd Breathless went platinum.  And you just turned seventeen."

"Yes, its been a very hectic year.  It was sort of strange to have people coming to see my concert instead of my going to see the artists I love in concert."

Laura laughed, "So what are you going to do when your tour is over?"

"Actually,"  I began, "I think that as soon as my tour is over, I'm going to buy a ticket for the One Direction concert here in Dallas."

Girls in the crowd screamed at the mention of One Direction. 

Laura clapped her hands together smiling, "Alright, it's time for a break.  But more from Emily when we come back."

~*UpAllNight*~

I was so excited, I was meeting my friend Rachel at the mall to shop for some new shoes.  Rachel and I hadn't seen each other for about six months since my tour had started.  Today was the last day of my tour, but it seemed like it had just started yesterday. 

I was sitting at a table in the middle of the food court waiting for Rachel and was eyeing the pizza booth that was about 20 yards away when a girl about 7 or 8 came up to me, her mother following close behind her.

"Ahhh!!!"  she screamed.  "You're Emily Scott."

I giggled, "Every day."

Her mom sighed, "I'm really sorry to bother you, but she was very insistent on meeting you."

"Don't worry about it,"  I said, pulling a piece of paper and a sharpie out of my bag, "It happens all the time."

A couple minutes after they left, I spotted Rachel entering the food court.

"Emily!"  Rachel squealed, "How's my favorite pop star?"

I laughed, "Great, how are you my fabulous little actress?"

Rachel grinned, "I actually got the lead role in an upcoming Michael Bay movie."

I smiled, "We have got to meet up more often."  I exclaimed as we headed toward Payless. Yes, I was rich and still shopped at Payless.

"So, happy late birthday."  Rachel said, pulling a package out from behind her back, handing it to me.

"Rachel, thanks, but you didn't have to."

"Of course I did, just shut up and open it!"

I slowly undid the wrapping on my package before getting stuck, then I gave up being neat and instead ripped the paper to shreds.  Some sort of fabric fell into my hand and I raised an eyebrow at Rachel.