A Journal From Your Mother

Nero's eighteenth birthday had rolled around, passing by like a quick gust of wind, like any other day. For a boy eighteen would be one of the best birthday's of his life; however, Nero did not care, he had no real family to celeberate it with, so why would it matter? It only meant more work to him. His day had gone on like any other would, and he had finally been released to go rest for the night, but it seemed people just couldn't get enough of him today.

"Nero." the voice of Kyrie's brother, Credo had sounded behind him, making the birthday boy halt.

"Credo?"

Nero turned around in time to face the older made, "I apologize for pestering you so late, but His Holiness had asked me to give this to you, it is rather important, he said it is adressed from your mother." he held out an old worn out looking journal, made with what seemed to be fine leather, slightly yellowing sheets of paper inside.

Nero tossed him a questioning glance, as if to say, 'are you serious?' but snatched it out of Credo's hand, flipping the diary in his hands, "I don't have a mother."

Credo smiled, "everyone has a mother Nero, maybe yours left you something important written in there, at least read what she had to say, there is a letter adressed to you as well." with that the bearded man took his leave, leaving Nero to wander to his quarters, questioning the journal.

His room was rather small, only a bed and dresser to fill it, which did not bother him at all. A stack of books and old mission assignments took most of the space on the top of his dresser, so he threw the journal on his bed, not bothering to undress he flopped onto his bed, expecting the darkness of sleep to over come him. It did not. The curiousity burned him for nearly an hour before he finally reached out to grab the journal and flipped on the light to start reading.

A comforting smell over took his senses as he carefully opened it to the first page. bringing the book to his  nose he knew it was the pages itself, but couldn't quite put a finger on the perfume, which smelt like vanilla and a tinge of male cologne. He shook it off and looked at the page, which held a small folded piece of paper adressed to him and stated, 'To Nero at age 18' . He rolled his eyes, nice birthday present. He gently pealed the letter away and unfolded it with care.

'My dearest son Nero,

It saddens me deeply that I had to write this letter, however, I have no choice. To leave you in the hands of strangers is unforgivable, still I beg that you understand, at the moment I am being persued by countless demons for reasons currently unknown, and have no power in order to protect myself, let alone you; you will find out the reason later. I wrote this letter when you were only a baby, barely a month old, and now, I hope, that you have grown into a strong, intellegent young man. At the moment I am only eighteen myself, do not scorn me for my young pregnancy, I swear to you, you were no accident, but a gift, your father and I planned to have you.

I wrote this letter to tell you how much I love you. Although it may be hard for you to understand, I will try my best to explain how all of this came to be, how I became so weak, how I met your father, and how we eventually had you, a wonderful baby boy. First I must tell you three things, one, and very important, you are a half demon, I am a demon myself, but only have a fraction of the strength, and your father was a half demon, a very, very strong man who was the first born twin son of the Dark Knight Sparda (the second point) and lastly, your father is deceased. You will find out what I know about it toward the end of this journal, which I ask you have the patience to read page by page, and not to peak at further pages.There is also a letter in the back from your father, I haven't even read, but he had wrote it three days after your birth and ordered me that if anything shall happen to him, give it to you when I know you will be able to comprehend it.

My darling son, you are a true blessing for a broken and seemingly damned soul such as myself, I promise that we will meet again one day, I will come for you in one way or another, but until that day, please accept this and understand that I love you and never meant to cause you any pain by leaving you like I did.

With love,

Aubrey May Abigail Alester Mundus Sparda.

(A/N she has the middle name May, and then are the names of her powerful blood relitives, which she took as last names, Sparda she took in honor of Nero's father)

Nero stared at the letter as minutes past, this was no joke. He did not know how to feel about the whole thing, his mother, his father, his liniage is what shocked him the most, after all, he shared blood with the very creature he had killed countless times. Of course it would explain his oddly colored hair, unnatural strength and abilities and other unexplainable things. He sighed and ran his fingers though his hair, not once doubting the woman who wrote the letter, but still trying to take it in. Thinking it would help clear his jumbled thoughts he turned to the first page of the journal.

'This all began two years before your birth, in the darkest, deepest pit of hell, reserved for the strongest, most molevolent demons imaginable...

OPINIONS AND VOTES WELCOME!!!!