The Nerd.. No Longer A Nerd?

Marcus's P.O.V

"Marcus, did you see her?" 

I had just made it to fourth period, History, just as the bell rang. Ben, the only person who I could really call my best friend, was already sitting at the usual sit next to mine. We always sat in the back in History because Mr. Albertson has a problem with talking and swallowing at the same time, so he always spits while he talks. I sat down and gave him a confused look. 

"See who?" I aksed.

"The new girl." He answered as he's eyebrows wiggled up and down.

I laughed, "What do you think, Devon's going to think about the new girl?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll break up with me before prom." 

Ben is a player. He uses girls to get what he wants and then breaks their hearts. Never gives them a second look. He probably has dated about 44% of the girls at Ridgeway High and will probably have dated all of them by the time he graduates.

The only one hasn't been able to play is Devon Haggerty. The popular cheerleader girl that runs the school. He's scared of her and doesn't have the guts to break up with her, knowing she'll ruin his reputation.

"Or maybe I'll get lucky and the new girl will reject you." I say. 

"You haven't even seen her, she could be an ugly cow." He says.

"Well if you think she's hot, then she can't be." I say.

"Well, I have dibs, anyway since I saw her first." He answers grinning.

"You have a girlfriend, dibs only applies when your single." I say grinning back.

He frowns, "Since when!?" 

"Since now." I say.

He's about to protest, but is interrupted by the classroom door opening as Mr. Albertson is giving his lecture. All eyes turn to the blonde haired beauty walking toward Mr. Albertson. She gives him a yellow sticking note that probably is excusing her from being late.

Then she looks toward the chair looking for an open one. It takes me a few seconds to realize the only seat open is the one right next to me. I grin toward Ben and he mouths, "So not fair." I turn toward the new girl again and found her walking up the aisle toward the seat next to me.

She's breath taking. Her blonde straight hair up to a little below her shoulders. She's wearing combat boots, skinny jeans and a half cut shirt, with a tank top under it.  

I knew I had to get to meet this girl. This beautiful girl, who would soon be mine. 

"Rebeca Derwen, am I right?" Mr. Ablbertson asked as she took the seat next to me. She nods. I snapped out of my trance. Rebeca Derwan!? As in nineth grade, dweeb!? No, it couldn't be, she was, so, so, Hot!

My shock must have shown on my face because she turned toward me and asked, "What, Marcus? I'm took much to take in?" She grinned then looked back toward Mr. Albertson. 

I looked toward Ben and he just shrugged. As I looked back toward Rebeca, I knew this was going to be a long year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Reader,

Did you like it??? It's my first story on here. Please be nice (: I know it's really bad, but it's just a start.. 

He switches off and on between Rebeca and Marcus through the story, so you do get to see how Rebeca feels about this and what not, lol. There's Drama, Romance, & a little Action. Please keep reading. Comment & Vote, Thanks! :*

_Jordi :P