Chapter One

Dedicated to InyaSmolder-Gillies. For the wonderful banner. Thanks a lot!

Chapter one.

Bringgg......Bringgg... The Alarm clock's shrill voice echoed against the wall's of the bedroom intensifying the noise which blared into my ears. Blindingly I searched for the source of that annoying noise, desperately wishing it would stop. But to no avail. My hand finally found what I was so desperately seeking for instantly hitting the off button. A lazy groan escaped my lips, my body annoyed at the fact that I had to wake up form my cotton candy filled dream to a dark and bleak reality with no cotton candy falling from the skies!

My small feet touched the smooth laminate floor, the coldness which emanated from it transferred onto me earning cold shivers to pass my body.  I yawned loudly stretching my arms as far as they could, the sleepiness being erased from my body. I lightly padded to the window quickly drawing back the curtains, allowing the light to enter in the darkest corners of my colourful room. The bright golden sun rays attacked my golden honey brown eyes, causing my eyes to immediately squint form the pain. I slowly forced my eyelids to open allowing my eyes to bask in the golden glory of the sun. 

Aah....There is nothing like a good Monday morning, I thought silently to myself. And as if someone threw a bucketful of cold water on me, reality sunk in. Monday morning....as in school. Shit. Today was the first day of Sixth Form. My last year. Silently berating myself for forgetting such an important day I zoomed to my wardrobe, yanking open the wardrobe door, desperate to find something I could wear. I searched all the clothes that were on display, not caring if I was making a mess in my room. After hours and hours of searching...well it was only a couple of minutes I had found the perfect outfit. Today I chose a Blue Hudson and Rose Motif shirt and black skinny jeans. Laying my clothes out on the bed I rushed to my bathroom desperate for a quick warm shower.

Luckily my bathroom and my bedroom were conjoined so I did not need to worry about waiting or others rushing into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and stripped off my clothes quickly taking a hot shower. I grabbed my white soft towel from the silver rail and wrapped it around my body before making my way to the mirror above the sink. The once clear mirror was now steamed up from the hot water making it difficult for me to see my reflection. I wiped the mirror with one of my hands instantly regretting it.

There was a girl...or what I thought was a girl looking right at me. That girl was me. My once sleek brunette hair was now unruly and untamed. My honey golden eyes were red and puffy with slightly noticeable bags under them. My cheeks were painted a light rose pink with a small dashing of freckles across the bridge of my nose. This was a stark contrast against my pale milky skin tone colour. My rosy pink lips were chapped from my excessive biting on it. I grimaced at the reflection before rushing out the bathroom and making my way to my clothes. I slipped into my jeans, silently thanking God that it fit. Last time I tried slipping into my jeans well let's say it's advisable not to wear it somewhere you might slip like say... the bathroom. I ended up with a very sore bum which hurt really bad whenever I sat down. I put on my T-shirt before jogging to my dressing table. I grabbed the comb and started to untangle all the knots from my hair. Fifteen minutes later I was finally finished, my unruly hair was now as straight as an iron rod which fell beneath my waist in soft curls. I slipped on my trusty black converse trainers loving the way it felt.

I checked the time on my red alarm clock, still half an hour to go. I grabbed my duffel bag from the corner of my room including my sleek silver iPhone 5s . I quickly scanned my room one last time before silently shutting the door behind me. As I descended down the stairs the smell of pancakes and blueberry muffin surrounded me awakening my sleepy taste buds. Giddily I ran down the stairs my feet directing me to source where the delicious smell emanated from. My feet skidded around the bend an I quickly speed walked to the kitchen stopping to place my duffel bag on the side of the four chaired table set.

There, flipping pancakes in the air was my ever so talented mother, Sam. My mom was really talented when it came to cooking and I was so glad that she was able to share some of her cooking secrets with me....well she never exactly shared them, more like I stole them. But then she found out and let  me tell you, she is one angry momma when it comes to her 'secret' recipes. 

My mom still had her back towards me humming to a tune I was unfamiliar with. Taking that as my cue I quietly tiptoed to the stack of golden pancakes stacked one upon the other, reaching my hand out to take one of that sinfully tempting batch of pancakes. Nearly there... almost got it...

"Rosie Lee Adams, you keep your thieving hands of my pancakes young girl". Jumping in shock from the loud voice I turned around to see the disapproving look on my mom's face. Her hands were folded across each other and she lightly tapped one foot onto the floor. Oh no...she's angry. See, whenever my mom's angry she always folds her  arms and always and I mean always taps her foot, which can be annoying at times.

"Mum....please" I whined like a little child. I so wanted to devour those pancakes. I could hear them. Their little pitchy voices...taunting me.

"Oh no you don't, you are not touching my pancakes until I don't take a picture" she said. Can you believe it? My own mom blackmailing me into having my picture taken or no pancake. Hmmm.... now what to choose? Photo or pancake? I quickly chose the latter as I heard my stomach growl in hunger.

After standing there perfectly poised like an angel with a fake smile plastered on my face I sat on the chair and began scoffing down the pancakes till my belly was full. I jumped off my chair with my plate in hand and placed my dish in the sink and grabbed my duffel bag. Placing a quick kiss on my mom's cheek I grabbed my bag and headed outside.

"Rosie wait.." A faint voice called out from inside the house. I quickly turned around to see my mom with a food bag in her hand.

"Your lunch" was all she told me. Damn, I knew I was forgetting something. Gosh what would I ever do without her. 

I smiled gratefully at her and took the food bag and put it in my bag.

"Thanks mom, you're the best". And she knew it.  

"Yeah, yeah. Now go before you're late". She shooed me out of the house slamming the door shut behind her. Sighing softly I turned and headed out the driveway, my feet dragging me to school. As I walked to school my eyes passed the rows of houses lined up next to each other like cardboard boxes stacked next to each other. Cars littered the driveway blocking the pathway forcing people to walk around the cars.

 As I passed the rows of houses and streets my mind wondered back to school. Would anything be different? Had anything changed over the holidays? Would everything still be the same? Questions like these filled my mind, to which I had no answer. But somewhere at the back of my mind a little nagging feeling told me something would happen. Something big. Good or bad, I had yet to find out.