CH 19

"Hey, Tzuyu!" Mina called from across the corridor.

Tzuyu felt relief rush through her the moment she saw Mina. She was worried that she was at the wrong entrance, or was at the wrong meeting point. She shouldn't have, and she knew it, but for some reason Mina just made her feel so damn nervous.

"Hello, Mina unnie." She said as calmly as possible with a smile, waiting for Mina to catch up with her.

As soon as they were face to face, both girls gawked at one another. It was as if they were both mesmerized with what they were seeing. They both had light make up on that made them look extra beautiful and fresh. Also, Mina was dressed in a loose black and white striped long sleeve shirt, white shorts and white sneakers, while Tzuyu was dressed in a plain white long sleeve blouse, above the knee length denim skirt and dark blue flats. It was the first time they had seen each other in such visually pleasing looks, one could even mistake them as celebrities.

Mina cleared her throat, "You look... good. Really good." She softly said with a shy smile.

Tzuyu tried hard to keep her composure. "Thanks. You don't look bad yourself."

"Thanks I guess?" Mina replied. They both laughed softly.

"So where do we go first?"

"Lead me?"

Mina thought about it for a moment. "Okay let's just walk around first and go to the supermarket last?"

"Good idea." Tzuyu affirmed.

"That's settled then. Time for some leg work." Mina beamed.

The pair enthusiastically and happily started their mall trek.

Tzuyu tried to calm the nervous butterflies flitting around the pit of her stomach whilst Mina started to talk about SaMo's visit to her earlier in the morning. She tried to listen, she really did, but she was getting distracted by the way Mina's nose crinkled when she laughed lightheartedly, or the little pout her lips would do whenever she made a confused face. Tzuyu kept picking up these random details about the older girl, but still stored them away nonetheless.

Right now, they were just walking aimlessly around the mall. In the middle of her statement, Mina just stopped talking and asked, "You're not listening, are you?" Despite the question's threatening nature, there wasn't any venom behind it. In fact, she was smiling.

Tzuyu felt her cheeks flush because she had just been called out. "Of course I'm listening. You have no faith in me," she said huffily.

Smirking, Mina responded, "Oh yeah? What was the last thing I said?"

"Uh..."

"I thought so."

"Whatever."

Mina stopped talking, but had a big grin plastered on her face. They continued walking in silence and when they passed by the food court, she couldn't keep herself silent anymore as her stomach grumbled.

"Do you want to grab some food?" She asked.

Tzuyu wasn't really feeling hungry since she ate something before leaving her dorm, but she knew Mina had not taken her lunch yet. "Okay sure," she answered.

They were ordering Japanese ramen and sushi, when they both reached for their wallets.

Mina, knowing that Tzuyu would not let her pay for her food, extended out her hand and handed over her credit card to the cashier. "I pay for the food, you can buy me something else later."

Tzuyu grumbled a little and said, "You better keep your word."

The cashier they were at, smiled. "Such a cute couple," she complimented, and let Mina punched in her passcode to the credit card machine.

"Actually –" Tzuyu started, but Mina cut her off.

"Thank you!" Mina politely said to the lady, wrapping an arm around Tzuyu's shoulder, then she turned her head to look at the younger, "Too bad my honey here thinks I'm not good looking enough for her," she added, pretending to be hurt.

Tzuyu gasped as she gave Mina an 'are-you-crazy?' look.

"Oh my... There must be something wrong with your eyes, young lady." The cashier commented, shaking her head a little before leaving them to set up their food.

Mina cackled, while Tzuyu glared at her and whispered, "You're unbelievable," shaking Mina's arm off her shoulder.

"I am." Mina teased and winked, making Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

The lady came back with their foods and placed it on top of the counter, "Enjoy the food, lovebirds."

"Kamsahamnida." MiTzu both said, bowing a little.

Mina grabbed the tray, and walked it to a free table. They ate, keeping up a fairly normal flow of conversation, from things like the new literature teacher who totally had a thing for their principle, or the ungodly amount of homeworks they were assigned, and other things they failed to talk about on their last meeting.

After they finished eating, Mina threw their trash and they started walking aimlessly again. She slipped her hand into Tzuyu's. The taller girl felt blood rush to her cheeks. She didn't mind it too much because truth of the matter is, she was already used to them holding hands or Mina being touchy with her sometimes. But the fact that they weren't in school, made her nervousness flare up.

"You're cute when you blush," Mina remarked, grinning. She lightly poked Tzuyu on the cheek.

"Yeah, well, you're not." Tzuyu cringed at her choice of comebacks, although she really meant the opposite.

"Hey!" Mina pouted.

Tzuyu laughed, then she stuck her tongue out, "Payback."

This was going to be a long day or date(?) but both girls were still looking forward to every second of it.