Aaron Burr

(Thomas's POV)
       "Alright guys! It's Thursday morning! Rise and shine! Saturday we're heading back, so does anyone have any suggestions for what to do today and tomorrow?" Angelica called out as we got out of bed.
   I yawned loudly.
   "Maybe, oh I don't know, sleep a little more?" I said angrily.
     Angelica rolled her eyes. "Your at YOSEMITE Thomas, and all you want to do is sleep?"
   I nodded, and she rolled her eyes again.
   James touched my arm lightly.
   "Cmon Thomas it'll be fun!" He said softly.
   "Not you too!" I groaned, but I fell silent. The one and only person I would listen to without question was James.
   "Suggestions?" Angelica asked again, looking around. All of us where silent.
   "We could just kind of look around" James offered. "You know, see if we can spot some deer, look at the huge sequoias"
    Angelica considered for a moment, then nodded.
   "Is everyone ok with that?" She asked, looking around. We all nodded half-heartedly. There really wasnt that much more we could do.
"Alright everyone go ahead and pair up, or go in groups of three I don't care, just meet back here at noon so we can eat lunch ok?"
We nodded. I smiled at James. "Be my partner?" I asked. He nodded.

We walked outside, admiring the view. The sun was only beggining to rise, and pale rays of light where flooding the horizon.
"I love sunrises" I said, leaning into James.
"Ya me too..."

We walked in silence after that, me taking pictures every couple of minutes, and James occasionally getting out his sketchpad and making a brief sketch.
"Still working on that book huh?" I said, smiling at him. James was working on his special sketchbook, where it was his goal to fill up the whole book with sketches of different animals that he saw. He made it his goal that there could be no two alike animals in the book.
"Yep! I'm almost done!" He said, showing me the sketchbook with pride.
"Well well well if it isn't Thomas Jefferson" I turned around, recognizing the voice that had come from behind me.
"Aaron Burr" I said flatly. Aaron was standing there with two of his favorite buddies, George King and Samuel Seabury.
My mind was whirling with questions as I tried to remain nonchalant. The most important one circled around over the over in my mind... Why was Aaron here?
"Bet your wondering why I'm here" Aaron said, and I shrugged.
"Honestly, I couldn't care less" I lied, and Aaron smirked.
"You see, after your group had 'forgotten' to invite me, I decided to hang out my two actual friends" He said, pointing to George and Samuel.
Ooopsssss.
I had completely forgotten about that. Someone was supposed to invite Aaron. Was it me? I didn't think it was me.
James stepped foreward."Just stay away from our group. You two" he said, pointing at George and Samuel, "are the worst people ever and I don't want to see you ever again" His eyes where blazing with anger.
Oh rightttt... apparently James had gotten teased for his sexuality before by George and Samuel.
"Oh we wouldn't dream of coming near your group" George said, smirking. "You see, we're going to have fun. And whatever you might have to say about us, you can't forget which group actually invites all of its members" he said, smiling at Aaron who looked uncomfortable.
"Just leave" James said angrily. Woah. I had almost never seen James this angry before.
"Oh little James, you think you can make us leave?" George said, smirking. "Well maybe now that I think about it, I want to stay right here
Oh and is that your boyfriend?" He continued, looking at me.
"Wow you could have done so much better" George said to me, eyeing James. I felt a ball of fury rise up in my stomach.
"Excuse me?" I said in a quiet dangerous tone.
"Well, I mean James. I mean, come on!"

This was too much for me. Screaming, I ran at the three of them and started punching George as hard as I could wherever I could.
I could feel James's arms pulling me back but I didn't want to go back I couldn't BELIVE he had said that I could do better than James. NO ONE COULD DO BETTER THAN JAMES HE WAS THE ULTIMATE LITTLE COOKIE THAT MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS.
"Thomas... Thomas come on" James said, pulling me back. I hesitated.
"Thomas..."
"Alright alright" I said angrily, backing up.
George instantly ran away, probably worried I was going to start randomly attaching him again. Aaron and Samuel went after him.
James just rolled his eyes.
"Sorry" I muttered quickly to James. He must think I'm crazy, flying off the handle like that.
He leaned into me.
"You have nothing to be sorry for."

A/n: well this was just a random chapter I wrote on the plane cause I was bored.
Also, I'm going back to school tomorrow, so I might not be updating as much but I will try to post new chapters as often as I can!