Chapter 4

Hope you enjoy reading the next chapter! New character, plot development, sort of new setting, I guess...  Just to make things clear (I was talking to one of my readers (kizyouth) about it and I didn't think that I made it quite clear, if i did than hooray for me! If I didn't, well then here's the clarification) SAPHIRA IS A FEMALE; the dragon she attacked is a male, her brother (self-explanatory), his friend is a male as well *Sigh* Can't believe I had to do that... i blame u for this, kizyouth! (jokingly of course :) sort of...)  Anyways, again, hope you like it!

***

I rose, on shaking legs, starring at the mauled dragon. I backed up uneasily as he stirred; he looked up groggily and then looked at his wing. He jumped up astounded and looked at me incredulously. I gulped and backed away. His eyes narrowed and he tried lunging for me again. The healer side of me suddenly kicked in.

"Stop it! You'll just worsen it!" I cried.

"How would you know?" he growled suspiciously, "For all I know, you could be sentencing me to my immediate demise!" His what? I stared at him uncomprehendingly and he smirked at me. 

"Whatever you say." I say and rolled my eyes trying to cover up my confusion. "I'll just leave you now, but just so you know I am a healer's daughter..." I said as I turn away from him. In the corner of my eye I could see him straighten up. 

"Like I care!" he growled, but I could hear a note uncertainty in his voice. 

"Care about what you want," I say, "but you'd better be trained in healing, that burn won't cure itself." I started to fly off.

"Wait!" I smile to myself and turn back.

***

"Geez, you're heavy," I mutter as I drag him into his cave.

"If I recall correctly, you said I would worsen it if I tried to move myself," he says haughtily.

"And if I recall correctly, you were the one who was practically crying for my help after you realized the consequences!" I snap back.

"And if I recall correctly-" he started again. Anger clouded my vision.

"That's it!" I growled and dropped him on the spot. He looked up in disbelief.

"What was that for?!" 

"That was for being arrogant, and selfish, and ignorant--" I paused to take a breath, "and lazy, and--"

"Wait a second," he interjected, "you don't even know me, and how do you think that you know all these things about me?"

"Maybe it's because you show them in such an obvious manner!" I hissed. When he didn't respond, I whirled around and started go out of the cave. 

"Wait where are you going?" I could hear the desperation in his voice, but I didn't care. 

"I'm out of here. Anywhere is better than here, when I'm with someone like you!" I growled over my shoulder.

"Fine," he said, "I shouldn't have been so uptight. So... if you must you can heal me."

"You're making it sound like I want to heal you, but right now--"

"Well don't you? Or would you rather live with the guilt that you left me to die, knowing that it was your fault?"

"Hey, you brought this upon yourself, why should I help you?"

"It's either that or living with the guilt..." his voice trailed off.

"Fine, I'll help you since you're obviously so incapable of taking care of yourself."

"I'm gratified," came his response.

***

I dragged him farther into his cave where a makeshift nest had been constructed with bones of old meals. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I pulled him onto the nest. I hurried out onto the cliff and set of to find some medical supplies. The best place I could think of was my old cave. 

Night was quickly falling as I finally reached my old home. Memories flashed in my mind of me and my brother playing here and collecting herbs with mother. It all seemed so long ago... I noise from within the cave awakened me from my reminiscing. I entered the cave cautiously, making sure that I didn’t disturb any pebbles.

            “Who goes there?” I ask in my most threatening voice. I gasped as the dragon emerged from the cave.

            “You!” I growled.

***

Hope u liked it! It seems like an awkward place to stop to me for some reason *scratches head in confusion. I don’t really mind do u? Comments are appreciated for suggestions (sort of winging this story that’s not really good is it K uhhhh) and voting if u want! I hope to upload as soon as possible!