2

A/N: HIDING PLACES has been ranked #594 in ChickLit! This is my first story to be ranked so I'm celebrating by updating early... Jess xx

 Jess xx

Boss.

He definitely said Boss...

My letter said Junior Landscape Architect. Maybe the gorgeous man got me confused with someone.

But he said my name.

He said Genevieve Reynolds.

Genevieve.

"Genevieve?" a male voice says my name and there is a hand on my shoulder gently shaking me. "Genevieve?" The voice says again.

"Her emergency contact is here sir" that sounds like Brooke.

"Honey?" Bas?

"You are?" the male voice asks. He sounds irritated.

"Sebastian Reynolds" Bas snaps.

"Her husband?" Ew. What?

"Gross no. He is my brother." I say quietly as my eyes flutter open. Bas laughs.

"Honey are you ok?"

"I'm fine Bas" I say but he looks unconvinced. "Really Bas. Go back to school"

"You gave us a scare Miss Reynolds" the male voice says. I turn to my left to take a look at who that voice belongs to. The gorgeous guy. My eyes lock onto his green orbs. "Genevieve?" My given name rolls off his tongue. I have never liked my name but when he says it...

"Sorry. I'm fine really but I don't ... I don't know who you are"

The gorgeous man chuckles softly, "Well you fainted before I couldn't introduce myself. I'm Cameron Cunningham." Mr Cunningham helps me up off the floor. His arm settles on my waist but Bas quickly pulls me out of his grasp. Protective 'little' brother.

"But you are so young?"

"I'm twenty-nine but thank you for calling me young"

"Oh Mr Cunningham, I am so sorry how unprofessional. If I remember rightly you said something about me being the boss. But that can't be right. I'm only twenty-two this is my first job. I'm... well I don't think... no I must have heard wrong." Great Honey, shut up! You are rambling like a crazy person.

"You heard correctly Miss Reynolds. Mr Matthews was embezzling money from my company and I fired him. You will be taking his place," I go to object but he stops me, "you are more than qualified I believe you will do an excellent job."

"Honey this is great" Bas squeezes me, "well since you are alive I'm going to get back to campus. I'll see you at home."

I say goodbye to Bas and kiss his cheek. Mr Cunningham and I watch him take the lift back to the lobby.
"You live with your brother?" Mr Cunningham asks curiously.

"Yes"

"Hmm," I look at him confused and he changes the subject. "Would you like to meet your staff?"

"Uh...um. Ok"

"Great." Taking my wrist he leads me back into the glass conference room. Have these people just been sitting here the whole time? "Everyone as I said before this is Genevieve Reynolds. Miss Reynolds is your new boss. She is head architect of Cunningham & Associates."

I meet everyone in the Architecture department of the company. I'm brought up to speed on the current and upcoming projects and it is my job to delegate tasks according to skill level. I'm handed a binder with notes on each of my staff members. I guess I have studying to do. Brooke, who is absolutely lovely shows me to my office. I have an OFFICE! She gives me several resumes telling me that interviews for my own personal assistant start at two. I check my watch and it is twelve. Wow time really does fly when you faint.

"How about we do lunch?" Brooke asks, "and then you can come back all refreshed for the interviews"

"I have never interviewed anyone"

"You'll do great but just in case we will practice at lunch." She grabs my arm and starts to lead me out of my office.

"Miss Reynolds, Miss Williams" Mr Cunningham's voice booms as he call out to us when we reach the lift. Brooke immediately turns to him, blushing, wow he certainly has an effect on women. I can't let him get to me. No men after Todd.

"Yes Mr Cunningham?" Brooke voice drops with sex appeal without meaning to I roll my eyes. Mr Cunningham looks at me as he answers.

"Miss Williams I just sent you an email with your work for this afternoon. I suggest you get back to it"

"Uh... Honey and I were just going to lunch"

"Now Miss Williams" he snaps at her. Rude much?

"Yes sir" Brooke mouths 'Sorry' to me before heading back to her desk on the first floor. Shrugging my shoulders I decided to head back to my office. Lucky I packed a muesli bar.

"Not so fast Miss Reynolds." Mr Cunningham grabs my wrist spinning me back around to him. I'm caught off guard. Crap. He smells amazing. Pull yourself together Honey! "Would you accompany me to lunch?" I look behind me expecting to find another Miss Reynolds standing there ready to take him up on his offer. His eyes lock with mine showing a hint of amusement. "Yes, I'm talking to you. So lunch?"

"Uh ok"

We walk in silence and take the lift to the basement car park. He stops at a motorcycle not just any motorcycle a Ducati Monster. Mum stopped Bas from buying one about three years ago. She told him she would disown any son of hers who rode a motorbike.
"Shall we?" He asks gesturing to the bike.

He has to be kidding. For one thing my skirt would never allow me to sit comfortably and I have no interest in dying today.

"It is incredibly safe. But you are right about your skirt."

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes."

I blush but quickly compose myself. "Why don't we take my car?"

He looks at me. Studying me for a minute. "I have no interest in riding in a Prius"

I look around the car park and see at least twenty of the car he just mentioned. Is he assuming one of these is mine?

"I never said I drove a Prius." I say walking to where I parked my Charger. "This... is my car"

Mr Cunningham looks from me to the car and back again several times. "I believe I underestimated you Miss Reynolds"

................

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

Thanks for reading! :)