CH. 2

Niall's POV

What was with rogue's this week? They seemed to have been sent from Hell itself! Damned bast*rds needed to fuck off.... or at least figure out that they wouldn't be getting far if they decided to crossed this border.

'Or mine..... you can't take all the glory,' My Beta Luke chimed in through our mind link that accompanied every wolf to it's Alpha when phased.

I chuckled, 'Right, I'll be sure to remember to give you your recognition Lukey-boy, all three of them.' I mocked him.

"Hey! If I'm not mistaken, I've took down a total of six this week, at the very least!' he defended himself while huffing slightly, a little too easily offend-able at the moment. With all these intruders the past several days, I've had to keep him pretty busy on patrol with me... and away from his mate, Jeska. 

... Mate. Don't even get me f*cking started on that word... actually it's too late for that, because since the beginning of almost two weeks ago, it's all I've been able to think about. Well, that and a thick haze of thoughts and images of Savanna Locklear. Just the mention of her name made my wolf sigh in bliss and my knees to go a little weak.

'You know, I'm completely aware of what your thinking right now' Luke said mockingly, sending his smug feeling into my subconscious.

I couldn't help myself, being extremely sensitive on the subject and not up for any more badgering questions from him, I growled warningly in his direction as we continued to run along the north-east side of the borderline.

'Oh for God's sake Niall, chill out, would you! I was just teasing...' he said in a much more playful voice.

I didn't answer him, simply staring straight ahead at the large clusters of Evergreen trees that engulfed us as we weaved through them.

After a few moments, I heard an apologetic voice in my head murmur, 'I'm sorry, I know you're hurting... I'll stop, promise.'

I sighed at him, letting him know that I wasn't mad at him anymore.... how could I be when I had such worse problems to be hold a grudge against? He was the least of my worries. In fact, he was the only one who knew of my troubles.

Funny thing is... neither of us truly understood what was going on. We just knew that things were far from normal on my behalf.

I turned sixteen two weeks ago, on October 1st. Normally this shouldn't mean anything what-so-ever... but I guess I'm just fu*king special. What's supposed to happen is at sixteen,  female wolves  find their mates the day they turn the age, and us males are just supposed to wait around for them to find us. But not me. The day I woke up on my birthday, I didn't feel anything different at first, I had just started the day normal and drove to school. However, the second I walked into homeroom... well damn, that's when everything just turned chaotic. Why? Because I caught the scent of HER, Savanna Locklear... and in that moment, my wolf said in a very clear voice to me, "Mate."

I remember it well... because it was both the best and worst day of my life. It was the best at first because the gorgeous, powerful, and exquisite Savanna Locklear was my mate... or so I thought.

Once I fled the room to clear my thoughts and Luke caught up with me, I had come down from the high of Her and started to think more clearly, which lead to this:

God must have got screwed up somewhere along the way with me, because there was nothing even remotely similar to hers and my bloodlines...We were not even in the right biological tree that the elders used to map out future mates! Either way, I knew something was effed up with me just from the fact that I seemed to have found her first. The male only feels the attraction after the female finds him. So what the Hell was wrong with me?!