Lights. Camera. Action!

Chapter 1

~Rosalinda Valdez~

Normal.  Dreadful. Ordinary. Routine. These were just some of the words I grew up with, words that had come to describe my life at one point.

But this story is not about my past. No. This story is about my present and future, with everything in between. It's about my dreams, my goals. My friends, my family. The love of my life, and my soul mate. My heartbreaks, and my mistakes. The right and wrong decisions, and my realization of what it means to be truly LOVED.

This story is about me, Rosalinda Valdez, and how one little decision, can make a big impact on your life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Beep Beep BEEEEPPP* I heard the sound of my alarm clock ringing in the most annoying tone to reach my ears. I shifted my body towards the left side of the bed, leaning my hand as I abruptly hit the snooze button on my Alarm.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"BEEEP BEEP BEEEEEPPP!" I was furious to say the least. I mean I wasn't exactly a morning person, meaning if someone or SOMETHING interrupted my sleep- they would pay.

Irritated, I got up from my bed, took my clock, and was prepared to throw it against the wall. However...

"Mija, time to get u-- Oh! You're already awake! What a delightful surprise." My mother entered the room, as though it were her own. She made her way towards my window curtains.

"Uhh, Mom what did I tell you about barging into my room early in the morning; besides I wouldn't be awake this early if it weren't for my damn clock!" I spoke as I shook the living hell out of the alarm clock. "And what exactly are you doing?" I asked as I shifted my gaze from the clock, to her standing by the window.

"It's called exposing you to the wonderful world and it's light; the sun." She spoke, with such glee.

"No... It's called depriving me from a good rest..."

"Look Mijita, what you need is some nice fresh air, with the wind blowing you peacefully; the calm serenity which is nature. Plus, you'll be late for school if you don't get ready now." Though beginning with such a gentle voice, she immediately changed it upon noticing I wouldn't budge. Of course, I knew that my mom didn't care about me experiencing the tranquil, nature experience- No, she just wanted me to get my ass ready to go to school. Figures.

"Look Mom, we already talked about this before, how about considering home schooling me?" I asked, with a hint of hope that she'll find it in her heart and say the one word I wanted to here.

She did say one word. Just, not the right one...

"No."

"Bu-"

"No buts, now get ready and come downstairs for breakfast, if you're not ready in 10 minutes, i'll come up with the cumbo" Yes, that only mean't one thing. The bucket. Filled with ice cold water. A sleepers worst nightmare. In my house, it was the only way to fully keep order, and to make us do anything.

Stubbornly, I got up and headed towards the bathroom. Another day, the same old routine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My House was close to school, so I didn't have to take the public transport like everyone else. Thank God. Now, it's not like I hate taking the bus. No that's not it. In fact, I don't mind the bus. I would gladly take it, if it wasn't so packed with kids from my school. See, I'm a bit of a Introvert, meaning i'm not really comfortable around people. I have this fear that if I say something, anything, to someone I'm not familiar with, they would take it the wrong way- so I rather not say anything at all. The problem is, people seem to take my silence as if i'm ignoring them, which leads to more trouble than good. Thus, resulting in people disliking me. But that was more than you needed to know right?