Chapter 1

Thursday, October 25

"Whoa!" I called out as my best friend Mack hit the baseball straight out of the playing area. My two other friends Noah and Samantha came running as they saw what Mack had done. They cheered her on as she ran around the field. I'm James and if you're wondering what we're doing, we are watching our best friend Mack play in her semi-final baseball tournament. After a long and hard played game, Mack's team had won. Her mom took us all out for ice cream to celebrate Mack.

So before I continue I'll let you know a little bit about each of us. I'm James (as you already know) and I'm 14 years old. I live with my mom and dad and older brother, Adam and older sister, Lilly. We live in a three bedroom apartment. I love mysteries but am very cautious because anything can happen which isn't always good. Mack is my best friend and she is also 14. She lives with her mom and grandparents. As you may have noticed, Mack is amazing at baseball. Unlike me, she is very brave and isn't afraid to take a risk. Noah is 14 but he looks older because of his height. He is really brave and always has our back in any kind of crisis. Samantha is our age and has long black hair. She is very kind and very honest. She is very quiet and observant. She is also really good at science and computers. We call her Sam.

So now that you have been all caught up let's continue.

Friday, October 26

"James! Wake Up!" Called my mom. When I looked at the digital clock on my bed stand, I saw that it was already 7:40. I would be late for school! I began to rush. Washed my face, had breakfast, brushed, changed, and left. Luckily I was on time. I walked with my friends to school. My brother had left earlier for football practice and my sister was practicing for a school play. Anyways, at school, we started off with Math, then Science, History, French, and Language. At the very end of the day, we went to music class. Our music teacher was once a millionaire that lost all his riches. Well everything except for his father's mansion. According to som rumours told by fellow students, Mr.McMichael had lost everything after his father passed on. No one knows why and how. No one knows if this is really true either. Anyways, some have also said that this place is haunted but who knows for sure. Anyways, after class we were dismissed. Mack, Noah,Sam, and I walked home.