Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Natasha Anne Jordaan

Hey my lovely readers! I just want to give a big shout out to those that have encouraged me to keep on writing this story. I don't get a lot of feed back but I will finish this story just for those that really reads it.

but please comment, vote and follow!!!

thank you

love always..

Stella

******************

Chapter 4

“Hey Jared, wait for me!”

It’s lunch time and the guys and I usually go to the food court for lunch. At this moment I was speed walking to catch up with Jared. It was strange for me to sleep beside another male. A male that was also none other than one of your best friends.

“Hey Steve! How’s it going?” Jared looked guilty and exhausted all of a sudden but I just let that slide.

“Everything is fine thank you. Do you remember anything from last night?”

Jared’s eyes widened for a millisecond barely noticeable. After his quick recovery he smiled.

“All I remember is falling asleep on your couch last night and this morning I woke up before dawn. I didn’t want to disturb you so I went through your back door.”

“Oh well, I just wondered. But the couch...? You said that you woke up on the couch this morning?”

“Yes... why do you ask?”

“I ask because when I went to bed last night you were next to me in bed. And no not one of us is secretly gay. For some odd reason you decided to scare me and I knocked you out cold. So I thought that my bed is the nearest to your dead weight, that you could just sleep there.”

“I seriously don’t remember any of that happening Steve. Are you sure that you weren’t dreaming last night?”

“Jared I know the difference between dreams and reality. And what happened last night was reality. I am not going mad, that I can promise you.” I was starting to get a little agitated with Jared but I tried not to let it show.

“Steve some dreams can be really vivid. The same thing happens to me like almost every night. The only reason that I know it was a dream, is because every time I wake up, Megan Fox isn’t there next to me, like she was in my dream.” Jared started to walk faster to the food court when he saw the rest of the group.

Knowing that the conversation is over I just followed behind Jared.

There was something off about Jared, but what that something is I will never know. That checker shirt lover always keeps his secrets to himself or he never tell me anything

‘Look at you! You sound worse than a sorority girl!’

But I’m sure that the previous night was anything but a dream. The sounds, the blood on the wall and even Jared sneaking up on me for some unknown reason.

Something is going on is that neighbourhood, but what it is, is something that is really not good.

# # # # # # # # #

After lunch Jared acted even weirder. Usually he would hang out in my office or hide from past one night stands. Today he just didn’t show up. But keeping my focus on work it gave me a chance to focus. But focus just didn’t want to befriend me that day. So instead of working I just sat back and waited for the hours to go by for to head home.

That thought got interrupted by a sudden knock on my door. Getting up to personally open the door to tell the person not to disturb me. But when I opened the door, no one stood before me. Feeling puzzled I turn around to shut the door so that I can go back to my desk, something on my door catches my attention. Taped on the door is velvet heart shape paper with my name written across it in large bold letters.

Taking the letter to my desk after shutting the door behind me, I can’t help but think that it’s not even Valentine’s Day or month. Opening the letter I don’t register the words written on the paper. The inside of the heart has smaller shape hearts drawn around the words. Finally letting myself read the letter, I feel my blood run cold from the words written on the letter. Not really knowing if the words written are true, I read it again just to let my brain know that it is true, and that my suspicions were correct.

Not wanting to see the letter again, I start to tear is to pieces. Throwing the pieces into the trash can, I pick up the trash can, taking it out of the building and into the alley behind the company building. I throw the trash can into the dumpster just to make sure that the letter is out of my life for good.

I am a grown man but that letter almost made me want to go running to my mommy and clasp onto her legs breaking out in tears about a monster hiding in my closet. Although this monster wasn’t really in my closet. No, this monster was hiding in the woods that are right behind my home…