Chapter 1

I sat on the old abandoned train tracks and felt the tears flow instantly. I can't believe it. My own father hit me for the first time.

What makes it worse is the my best friends left to go touring with their band Avenged Sevenfold. Who knew my father would do that?

I sighed and dried my tears. I'm 18 years old damn it! I can move if I want to!

So I got up and walked to the Warner Bros. recording studio and asked for my mom's old friend Larry. Or as I call him, Uncle Larry. I could tell him anything. He was more of a father than my own.

When I walked into his office he saw I had been crying.

I told him how the guy went touring to get more people to listen to their stuff, about my dad, about life since my mom left us.

He calmed me down and offered if I wanted to sit in the recording studio until he got back from a meeting. I nodded and he walked me down and soon left.

I picked up one of the guitars that I saw and started playing it.

Played my own song, which is one that randomly came from the top of my head.

'Tell me our went

And if it was time well spent

Just don't let me fall asleep

Feeling empty again

'Cause I fear I might break

And I fear I can't take it

Tonight I'll lie awake

Feeling empty...

I can feel the pressure

It's getting closer now

We're better off without you

I can feel the pressure

It's getting closer now

We're better off without you

Now that I'm loosing hope

And there's nothing else to show

From all of the days that we spent

Carried away from home

Some things I'll never know

And I have to let them go

I'm sitting all alone

Feeling empty...

I can feel the pressure

It's getting closer now

We're better off without you

I can feel the pressure

It's getting closer now

We're better off without you

(Without you)

Somethings I'll never know

And I had to let them go

Somethings I'll never know

And I had to let them go

We'll I'm sitting all alone

Feeling empty

I can feel the pressure

It's getting closer now

We're better off with out you

Feel the pressure

It's getting closer now

You're better off without me...'

I sang it several more times, so I could memorize it, then wrote it down along with the chords.

I sang it a couple more times before I heard Larry's voice.

"You never told me you could sing or play guitar."

I jumped then turned around. I shrugged and said, "it's nothing, really."

He shook his head.

"Get your ass in the booth and sing it again, along with the guitar."

I sighed and got up, singing it one more time.

He smirked when I was done then said something that almost made my heart stop. "Within a day, this should be playing on every rock station."

I went to got tackle him but he left before I even could.

"You've always had talent Leslie." My mother's voice floated into my mind.

I found Larry and asked if I could crash here, I really didn't want to go home. He said I could and that if I really wanted to, there was a loft up on the top floor that could be considered and apartment and I could live there.

 I had to get my stuff tomorrow, and that would be the begining of my new life.