Chapter Eight

It's been a few hours since I last saw Justin. No, I'm not mad at him. Nor am I scared of him. I just need some alone time but my mind always wanders back to his anger, and the hatred he has for Jacob. I don't understand why he hates him so much, and maybe I never will. But that dream made me need to distance myself from Jacob to for a while. I've had so many nightmares, so I don't know why this one got to me so much.

I'm in the same spot on the bed, hugging my knees to my chest. I'm not really crying though. I already did that. Though, I did that earlier on. At this point I'm just trying to calm myself.

And then there's a sudden knock on the door. "Come in," I say weakly.

The door opens, revealing a Justin, void of emotion. Except a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Princess," he whispers and walks over to me. "What's wrong?" I shake my head. He sits down on the bed next to me and stares at me solemnly. "You know you can always talk to me, right?"

"Yeah..." I feel a tear form in my eye but I blink it back. "It's nothing. Forget about it."

"No. It's obviously not nothing and I'm not going to forget about it, Avery." He frowns. "Especially if something, or someone is hurting you in any way." How do I tell him I'm hurting because of him? His hand brushes against my cheek and he pulls my hair back behind my ear. "Avery, I hate seeing you like this. Please," he pleads in pain.

"I had a dream about you and it scared me," I sigh. "The worst part was that I can see you doing something like that in real life."

"Like what?" He asks skeptically.

"You killed Jacob Anderson because he kissed me and you got jealous."

He sighs and runs hand through his hair, "if I ever kill him, it's going to be for a different reason."

"Why would you have to kill him at all?!"

"Avery, we are not discussing this right now," he says with a clenched jaw.

"So you're still keeping secrets? Good to know," I scoff and stand up from the. He grabs my hand and interlocks out fingers.

"I'll explain. But not now, I can't know. I will when you're ready, Princess. Okay?" I nod and he pulls me into a hug. Why can't he tell me now? Is it that big? He pulls me into his warm embrace and I get a good wiff of his smell. Like lavender... I was so comfortable, I didn't realize I fell asleep.
~•~
I wake up sometime in the afternoon, with all the previous events clear as day. I can hear muffled voices arguing downstairs so I open my door and stand in front of it. It's all the guys.

"We fucking warned you, Justin. We warned you what would happen!" Caleb, the second in command yells.

"You know you can't get attached to anyone and I won't let some dumb girl be the reason we all end up dead, pretty boy!" Sergio yells as well, while pointing at Justin. I lean over the balcony a little more so I can see more of the living room. Well, one of the many living rooms.

"She's not dumb!" Justin seethes.

"You're right. You are! You ruined her life now, I'm surprised she doesn't hate you," Caleb scowls.

"She doesn't even know about us, man," Justin cries and rubs his face out of frustration. Know about what?"

"Christ's sake Justin," Martin sighs in annoyance.

Why is he hiding so much? Doesn't he trust me?

"Why didn't you tell her?!" Tyler booms.

"I'm a fucking criminal. I'm a criminal who kills innocent people who just want to go home to their families as a damn job! She'll leave me! I haven't felt this way in a long-ass time and I don't want to ruin it." He yells in frustration.

"Those people aren't innocent and you, out of everyone, should know better! You're the boss but sometimes it feels like your just some lovesick puppy, too blinded by love to see what really matters in the world!" Tyler tells back.

"You're the leader of the most dangerous gang in America so get your fucking shit together, Carter," Caleb warns.

"You're the leader of the most dangerous gang..."

"... I kill innocent people..."

"...for a job."

Oh my God. They have to be joking! They know that's illegal too, right?! My mind races and I can't think straight. I back up from the balcony and straight into a small table. A vase move and falls to the ground with a clutter. I bolt as soon as they look up.

My heart races as I run to my room and lock the door. I'm in a house with murderers! This is my worse nightmare... But they're all so nice. Especially Justin, so how on earth could they kill people, or even be in a gang! They seemed like good people. There's a loud knock on my door and I jump.

"Princess?"

Justin?

"I know you're in there," he croaks, "please, I can explain!"

"Explain what?! That you've been lying to me? That you're a murderer? AND a gang leader?" I yell angrily.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you," he whimpers. "I didn't want to lose you. I know I'm a bad person but please just let me in so we can talk, Avery."

He sounds miserable, maybe I should let him in.

Not as miserable as those people he killed mercilessly, Avery!

"I'm so fucking sorry, Princess... I promise I'll never hurt you. The last thing I want is you to be scared of me," he says through the door, hurt and sadness evident in his voice.

I sigh and open the door, "talk."

A/N

hey guys! i still have minor writers block:( but i'm working on it! thank you guys so much for over 50 reads already!! that may not be a lot but i think 50 reads in a few days is awesome!

Do you ship Javery (Justin&Avery)

Or  Averob * i have to think of a better ship name😬 * (Jacob&Avery)

I personally ship Javery but you never know if someone likes Averob haha :) someone please come up with a better ship name😑😂

xoxo,
ch💕