The Promise of Forever

CHAPTER ONE

            The little’s girl soft, brunette curls bounced around her shoulders as her little feet carried her at a run across the wooden flooring of the house. She had a lot of energy – something typical for a four-year-old. Some part may be the fact that she is the daughter of one of the most hyper and lively man to ever live. The little girl inherited quite a lot of her traits from her father but Rose Tyler would never complain.

            “Daddy!” the brown eyes of the four-year-old looked up at her father as her small arms wrapped around his legs. The top of her head reached the middle of the Doctor’s thigh. Offering his daughter a grin, the Doctor scooped her up into his arms, setting her on his hip.

            “Hello Sarah!” he exclaimed, placing a kiss on Sarah’s forehead.

            “I wanna travel through the sky like you and mummy!” Sarah spread her arms out as wide as she could in a dramatic manner. Her grin showed a few missing teeth; when each one fell out, she danced around the house and was unable to sit still for the rest of the day as she waited in anticipation for the tooth fairy to pay her a visit. Instead of currency from Earth, she always found a little trinket that came from another world, another time.

            The Doctor’s heart nearly melted upon seeing the toothy grin of his daughter. “Soon you will,” he promised her with a soft smile. “And you will love it, because there will be infinite stars, galaxies, and planets as far as your eyes can see!”

            “And we will be able to defeat monsters?!” she asked with excitement, bouncing up and down in his arms. She pulled out a little toy that resembled the sonic screwdriver her father’s duplicate would always use to get him and Sarah’s mother out of sticky situations.

            “Yes, we will be able to defeat monsters,” the Doctor chuckled, his eyes glittering with mirth and joy at his daughter.

            At that moment, Rose walked out of the kitchen where she was making dinner for the three. As soon as Sarah’s eyes landed on her mother, she patted her father’s shoulder. “There, there!” she squealed, squirming in the Doctor’s arms. “A monster!”

            The Doctor mussed Sarah’s hair before speaking up, amusement apparent in his voice, “Oh, she’s not a monster. Your mother’s beautiful!”

            Rose heard Sarah and all she could do was laugh, walking over to the pair. She tickled Sarah’s side, “Yeah, I’m not a monster!” Sarah’s curls fell into her face as she bent over; trying to hide herself from her mother’s attacking fingers.

            “She is the… tickle monster! Get her daddy!” The little girl managed to get the words out between the fit of giggles she had fallen victim to.

            The Doctor placed Sarah on her feet before proceeding to tickle his wife, laughing like the mad man that people usually called him. Rose’s laugh help filled the room. In a similar manner as her daughter, she bent over, trying to shield her sides and abdomen from her husband.

            “No! Please!” she managed to get away, running towards the family room where she hid on the couch, covered up by a blanket.

            “Daddy, we have to get her before she destroys the world!” Sarah ran in the direction that her mother ran, still caught in a fit of giggles. She held out her little sonic screwdriver, imitating a buzzing sound; the Doctor followed suit.  When they reached the family room the Doctor lifted up the blanket, revealing Rose.