Chapter 7

As I woke up the next morning I noticed that I was back in my room. I looked around and saw Lulu lying on her bed. Her bed sheets were everywhere but she was in a neat ball in the middle of her bed. She was still in the cloths from last night just like me. Lulu's hands were being used as a blanket for Fay. My eyes started to sting and I soon noticed that my contacts were still in. I quickly but carefully pulled them out. I blinked a few million times before my eyes stopped stinging. I placed the contacts into their container that was hidden in my draw. A cool breeze blew in through the window. It reminded me of the calm breeze that blew through Mandy's garden. That's when I realised that I hadn't sent a letter to the others yet.

"I guess I forgot because of school." I whispered to myself. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil from my draw and began writing a letter to each of my family members.

I felt relaxed without my contacts but I knew I had to put them back in sooner or later. I never really understood why I had to hide my eye colour, I actually liked their original colour. What I like most about them is that the colour of my pupil and the colour of the iris clash. Black and Silver are both beautiful but misunderstood colours. I know that sounds silly but that's how I really feel about it. Mandy on the other hand believes that it's better to keep it hidden even though there's a lot of people out there with strange coloured eyes.

Movement came from the other side of the room. Lulu began to move out of bed so I quickly put my horrible contacts back in. Before she looked over I had successfully put them back in without her realising. I finished my letters and put it on my desk. I moved over to my cupboard and grabbed some comfortable clothes. Because it's Saturday we are able to wear whatever we wanted.

I snuck down to the dining room where only a few students were eating their breakfast. I sat down at my usual seat and grabbed a plate full of fruit. After last night I'm starving.
I shoved three grapes into my mouth. It was really relaxing in the dinning room on a Saturday morning.
The only thing students want to do is sleep in, especially after a night like last night.

Soon enough more students ventured into the dinning room and the quite room was soon filled with chatter.
I caught wind of most of the conversations. Students mostly talked about their houses finalists.
They also talked about the vine giant that scared the living day lights out of some of them.
Some of them even talked about me, even though they couldn't remember my name.

"Hey champ." Charles tapped me on the head as he sat down.

"Oh- morning." I tried my best to smile at him but for some reason my entire body felt like wood.

"How're you feeling?" He took a sit to my left. Within seconds he had a mouth full of food.

"Like I just used up all my magic."

Charles let out a small chuckle. "Well that's what happens when you fight with magic."

"It's not like I even wanted to fight." I know I came to this school to learn how to use magic but I never thought that I would have to use it to fight others.

"But you did and you were awesome."

I know that was meant to make me feel better but deep down I felt horrible that I used my magic to attack other student, even if it was Ken.
I forced a smile.

"Yeah you're right." I took this chance to boast about myself, "I was awesome."

Charles laughed again. "Just promise me you won't let this win get to your head. You still need to fight in the Guardian Trails."

I groaned while lying my head onto the table. "Don't remind me."

"Trust me Rose. If you can survive last night, you can survive the Trails."

"Thanks Charlie." His words actually gave me a bit of hope, but my fears didn't disappear completely.

While we continued to talk Lulu and Nick soon joined us. When Nick arrived I messed around with him, saying things like I'm really mad at him so I put a curse on him. To my surprise he actually believed me. For most of the morning he was trying to get me to remove it. I played along and told him the only way to undo the curse is to eat a live frog. I stopped acting when he nearly at a frog.
I was able to save the frog from being eaten and I guess I also saved Nick from eating a frog.
Afterwards Nick sulked about being tricked by me, a girl.
But when he stopped sulking the four of us continued to have a fun Saturday.
Even though we can't leave the school campus we found different ways to enjoy ourselves.
For example: playing wizard chess, broom hockey (that's when we fly around on brooms and play hockey. It was amazing but I sucked at it because I've never ridden a broom before. I fell many, many times), Lulu and I read a few books and Charles and Nick just messed around.

And before long it was night time. Charles and Nick tried to have a eating contest and in the end they both lost because the both of them threw up all the food.
It was down right disgusting. Max wasn't to pleased either, mostly because he had to clean it. But the boys felt sorry so they helped out.

When I finished my meal I snuck back to my room. I was about to fall asleep when I noticed that there was a small jeweled box on my table.
I made my way over to the box and reached out to grab it. When I touched it a bright light burst from the box. I jumped back and covered my eyes. When the light disappeared I reopened my eyes.
I looked back at the table but the box was gone, instead there was a peice of white paper and a small purple gem.
I grabbed the paper and the words were red like blood.
'He's coming,
He won't stop until you're dead,
Run.
Before it's to late.
M. H.'

I looked up from the paper.
'This has to be a joke.' That's what I told myself but for some reason I couldnt shake the feeling that this letter was a real life warning.
"But who's he? And who's M. H?" I whispered to myself.
I then picked up the gem and fiddled it in my hand.
"And what's the deal with this gem."
While staring at the small gem my heart fluttered. I felt happy and at peace. It was like this small stone had just sucked away all my worries and fears that the note had coursed.

I could now hear foot steps coming closer to the bedroom door. I ran over to my bed and hid the gem and note into my dresser, before jumping into my warm bed. The foot steps soon disappeared and there was once again silence.
I decided to stay in bed and try and get some sleep, even though the mystery note and gem was still in the back of my mind. But before long I soon fell asleep, hoping that tomorrow will be just as great as today.

(Yay I did it. I finally finished this chapter. I'm sorry that it took so long. Also sorry if this chapter wasn't as good as the others.
I wish you all a happy day or night😆)