7

"Oikawa hasn't been doing particularly well," Iwaizumi said, with a worried expression. "Even though he seemed fine when you talked to him. Nationals was everything to him, and he was such a perfect and talented player. Sometimes I think... maybe he should have gone to Shiratorizawa, but I knew he has the pride and dignity."

"Oikawa-san... is someone I truly respect. His decision to go to Aoba Johsai was what also made me respect him even more. He chose it for his pride and for you as well."

"Me? Yeah suuure." Iwaizumi scoffed.

"Why don't you see it?" Kageyama asked with true curiosity.

"See what?"

"Oikawa's love for you."

"What? That's cheesy."

"But honestly, Iwaizumi-san, he likes you... so much."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. How's Hinata doing?" As if on cue, Kageyama's phone rang. He fumbled clumsily, trying to hide the caller ID from Iwaizumi.

"Dumbass?" Iwaizumi read, making Kageyama blush. He picked up the call and put the phone to his ear.

"Er, hi Hinata."

"Kageyama, I'm gonna die!" The voice said from the other side of the line.

"What? What happened?"

"I have 35% chance of living."

"Or a 65% chance of dying. Depends on how you look at it."

"That makes it even worse!"

"Sorry... I'm not good at this stuff."

"What stuff?"

"Comforting people when I'm worrying as well."

"Is that why you don't have any friends?" Iwaizumi chuckled as he overheard what Hinata had said.

"Shut up!"

"Well it's true!"

"I don't have friends... I only have one."

"Who?"

"It's you, dumbass."

"Oh? He's just a friend?" Iwaizumi whispered, slyly.

"Shh-"

"I'm your friend?"

"Er, why?"

"Nothing... I just never expected it."

"Probably cuz he thinks of you of more than that." Iwaizumi whispered once again, making Kageyama bolt up.

"Hey!" Kageyama exclaimed at his senior, flushing in embarrassment. Iwaizumi laughed in amusement, it was almost adorable how his junior was acting.

"What?" Hinata asked, having no idea why he was yelling.

"Er, nothing, talk tomorrow okay?"

"C'mon Tobio-chan," The ace said teasingly. "Don't be like that, talk to him more."

"Don't be like Oikawa!"

"Huh?" Hinata was completely confused now. What had he said, that made him sound like Oikawa?

"Sorry, I gotta go-"

"He loves you!" Iwaizumi called out, startling Kageyama and almost making him drop the phone.

"SHUSH!"

"Is that Iwaizumi? Ace of Aoba Johsai?"

"Indeed-"