Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Jame's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning with several other guys in the same room of our ship we pretty much lived in. I looked up at the ceiling that was a handsome mahogany colour and thought about the note i left for Brooke. I saw her friend Rose and asked her to leave it on her bed so Brooke could read it when she saw it.

I could hear the water from the lake outside and i decided to go out and get some fresh air. It was a nice day, the air was warm, I could hear birds singing the dawn chorus across the lake and most of all I was alone to collect my thoughts. Being stuck on a boat with over three hundred other guys made dwelling on your private thoughts damn near impossible, so I tired to find a secluded area of the boat or school to think which was easier said than done. The school was humongous, even more than mine, but when I think I've found a place away from prying eyes and ears someone would be in the spot already.

As I got outside for some fresh air i saw Brooke with her boyfriend and his twin. How she could tell them apart i will never know. They all seemed to be laughing about something and i didn't realise i had been staring at them until Brooke waved at me enthusiastically. I waved back and quickly jogged over to her.

"Hey Jay." She said chirpily to me and hugged me tightly quickly before releasing me.

"Hey Brooke how are you?" I asked her.

"Great. What are you doing up this early?" She asked me.

"Not much. Fancied a walk."

"Same here. Fancy joining us then?" She offered and i looked at the twins, they seemed indifferent about it so i shrugged and nodded. "Great." She said enthusiastically and she took me over to the edge of the black lake. "Have you seen the giant squid yet?" She asked me.

"Not yet." I said no really bothered about it.

"Well you should, it's really cool. Usually in the summer it lets you stroke it's tentacles, but i think the weather is too cold for it to do that now." She said and knelt down at the edge of the water and splashed her hand around under the water. A few moments later i saw the water further away from Brooke ripple and a black ominous shape appeared. "There it is!" Sh said enthusiastically and the twins crouched down on either side of her so i stood behind her and watched the squid swim closer to her. She reached further down into the water and started to stroke it and the twins joined in laughing. "Come on Jay, stroke it." She said enthusiastically and i couldn't help but grin at her and start to stroke it.

"Eurgh! It feels all slimy!" I said pulling my hand out quickly making everyone laugh.

"It's not that bad Jay." Brooke said grinning at me.

"It is! It's disgusting!" I complained.

"What are you four doing so close to the edge?" I looked up at an old woman looking down on us. She was dressed head to toe in emerald green and had a pair of spectacles on her sharp and pointed face.

"Sorry Professor McGonagall, i just wanted to show Jay the giant squid." Brooke said getting up and dusting her knees down.

"Well it's nice you're getting to know the people from the other schools, but maybe from a safer distance to the lake next time. We don't want anyone falling in do we?" Brooke and Fred shared a look and both looked like they were trying hard not to laugh at something. "Now get inside, classes will start soon." She said and headed off inside. We all looked at each other.

"Who's she?" I asked.

"Head of the Gryffindor house and my transfiguration teacher." Brooke explained. "So we're going to have to go and get ready for class, we can meet up at break if you want?" She offered.

"Yeah sure." I nodded and she turned to head inside but paused.

"Thanks for the letter." She said quietly.

"Hey it's no problem." I said smiling easily. She nodded to me and headed inside with the twins following behind her.

'So she did get my letter.' I thought to myself as i headed back to the ship and almost ran into one of my friends Joe.

"Hey man where have you been? I went to get you to make sure you were up, but when i got to your room you weren't there." He said to me.

"Yeah i went for a walk and ended up chatting to a friend for a bit. Hey have you seen the giant squid?" I talked to him about it as we headed back to my room to get ready for another day of school.

____________________________________________________________

Bad chapter i know. And i know it's taken so long to upload, but ive had exams and then writers block and then i wasnt feeling the story anymore. So ive decided until Jay as a character has developed more i wont write him again and move onto Brooke and stuff again. Im sorry again for being a rubbish uploader. will you forgive me? ill give you cookies =) xxx