Skyfall

Adeles POV

"Oi Simon I wasn't wrong so ha!" I yell.

"Wait a second. How is one-half of it blue, and the other half, pink?" Daniel confusingly asks.

"Yeah," Laura looks down at her piece, "Mines pink too!"

Simon and I both look at each other shocked. 

He quickly sets down his cake and starts cutting what was left of the other side. 

His hands are shaking as he throws down the knife. Each slice was pink.

We all stand there shocked, staring at the cake then to one another everyone's eyes eventually trail over to me.

 Angelo runs up and tugs on my shirt, "Mummy what does that mean?"

I didn't even realise he was talking to me until he repeats his question again. 

Looking down at him I smile, shocked at what I'm seeing I don't answer him.

 I race up to Simon, "Babe! Do you know what this means? We. Are. Having. Twins." I scream wrapping my arms around Simon squeezing him. 

He just stands there frozen, not embracing me in the hug. 

Perplexed I lean away, "Simon, what's wrong."

He seems to be staring off into space, not making eye contact nor moving. 

Daniel walks up to him, "Man you alright?" He asks hitting Simon in the arm.

Simon shakes to the touch, "What? Uh, um yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," He says looking around. 

He makes eye contact with me and looks downs at my stomach. 

Simon looks like he wants to say something, but nothing comes out of his mouth. 

His head starts to shake, "What? What just happened?"

Laura yells, "Simon your having twins! Again!" She starts running around the house accompanied by Angelo. They both are excitingly screaming and yelling.

I look into his bright blue eyes, looking darker than usual. 

Somethings not right. I can see it in the way his eyes turn darker, and when he looks away to talk. 

I'm scared I know exactly what's bothering him, "Are you, okay honey?"

He leans back resting his back on the corner of the counter. He brings his hands to his eyes, rubbing them. Shaking his head he whispers, "Twins? Twins? Really, twins?" He looks up into my eyes taking my hand, "No! No, this has to be a mistake honey, we can't have twins, again."

My mum looks at me, her face becomes down. 

She can tell Simon is not gonna take this well. 

Ashlyn and Anika both sit on their stools that are around the table. They both stare at the cake shocked, speechless. 

Angelo and Laura stop running around the house hearing Simon talk.