Bodily Rejection

I woke up in confusion, all I remembered was yelling at Jackson. What the hell happened? "Fuck my head hurts." The moment I sat up it looked like chaos. What the fuck happened? Trying hard to see if I remembered anything other than yelling at him, but it's nothing. Suddenly the smell of blood caught my attention.

Holy fuck... Oliver was sitting down next to a smashed nightstand holding his shoulder. The pain in his face made my heart break, this has to be traumatic for him, he's always hated guns.

Instincts ran through me as I rushed over to calm him down. "Oh my gosh Oliver.... W-What happened. Are you ok? Who did this to you! I swear I'll fucking slit their-"

"Y-You did this Melissa. You were aiming for Jackson, but we rushed in to stop you. We knew you would go off the deep end, just never to this extent."

"Did Alexander get hit?"

"In his arm, but it's only a flesh wound."

"Where is he? I feel sick to my stomach,"

"In the kitchen with Jade, Jackson, and Erik."

"Come on, let's go to the kitchen."

I helped him up while he kept the pressure on wound. Everything about this situation made me want to break down. I just hurt two people I care about, for absolutely nothing. What's wrong with me?

When we got into the kitchen the tension was obviously there, the look me and Jackson shared was intense. Instead of giving him anymore of my time, I turned my focus towards Alexander. He didn't looked pissed or pained. Something about him was surprisingly relaxed.

"Are you pissed at me Xander..."

"Still calling me by that nickname? I'm shocked. A few weeks ago you hated my guts. And no, I'm not pissed at you. I'm actually surprised that your aim was that good. If we hadn't came in and took those bullets for him, I'm sure he'd probably be dead." Even though he's a giant prick sometimes, he still taught me everything I know about self defense, guns, drugs and negotiating. He was the first guy that caught my interest after Oliver, he was the absolute opposite of him which made Alexander very attractive to me.

"Does it hurt much?"

"Nah, I've been shot before. But it'll probably be a good idea to go to the hospital. Oliver, needs so medical attention. Shocked he hasnu passed out by now, he might be a hard body." His soft smirk made me happy. I don't think I've ever been that angry before. Not that I remembered at least.

"I'll go with you guys, I need to be there for Olie the most. I'm so sorry this happened to you, I feel like complete shit,"

"It's not your fault Melissa, I always knew you weren't the most stable women ever, but it does change who you are. But yea, let's go before I pass out."

"Wait a fucking minute, you aren't going anywhere Melissa. You can't try to kill me and think everything is supposed to be ok, simply because they took my bullets for me and you woke up! Bullshit, shit your ass down and pray I don't arrest you for attempted murder of a police officer, and carrying a weapon without a license."

"You're hilarious if you think I'm staying in your house while they go to the hospital. I'd be safer with a drug addict than you. Just stay out my way, next time you won't be so lucky."

"Melissa Hathaway, you are under arrest for attempted murder of a police officer, drug trafficking, drug dealing, and possession of an unlicensed gun. You have the right to remind silent, anything you say, can, and will be used against you. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the court."

What the entire fuck is happening! "You can't be serious Jackson! Are you seriously doing this? I'm a heartless bitch, but this is low."

"Woah, dude you seriously can't be that pissed. You know arresting her will put your life in danger? She has so many connections, you'd be taking away the top dealer which will have customers and suppliers pissed. I understand that she pisses you off and tried to murder you, but this isn't the way."

Shocked to see Alexander actually pleading with someone to keep me free. Even though we're still competition for each other, business for him would definitely boom, by the time I'd be out it wouldn't be a need for me anymore since we have about the same connections. Instead of not saying a word and allowing himself to easily take my throne, he's actually being a decent human being.

"I'm warning you, Jackson Brooks, if you lock up Melissa, you'd better hope they put you in witness protection. I'll have everyone coming for your head, maybe even a few of your own boys. Don't test me, I don't play games like you do. Now uncuff her, before you die where you stand."

Absolutely worse time to be getting wet, but fuck, Alexander defending me is the sexist thing I've ever seen. He's only acted this way towards his money and drugs. I don't know what has gotten into him, but it's makes me truly appreciate him for once.

"Even though I might pass out soon, your doing the wrong thing. It'll be dumb for you to do this, especially since majority of her top buyers only buy from her, they'll have someone end your entire career if you fuck up their drug supplies. Just let her go and we'll keep an eye on her. You kinda owe us for saving your life."

"Fine. But if I see her doing anything illegal, I'll have her sitting in a jail cell before you any of you can say shit to me. Now get the fuck out my house, stay out of my way, and pray I don't see your ass anywhere."

"Is that a threat? What would you do Mr. Brooks? I still have you by the balls with the evidence of us being together, you being around my drugs and other criminals. If anything, your my bitch. Keep me in loop to whenever you see your mother, and tell your father I said hello."

Before I could say another word, Alexander picked me up, put me over his shoulder and carried me out. "Put me down! I can feel your blood getting on me. This is gross!"

"Shut up, you'll wake his neighbors up and I'm shocked they hadn't already called the police. Let's get Oliver to the hospital before he passes out. He's getting pale already,"

"Ok, I'll drive"

"No. I'll drive, keep him woke and add pressure to his wound." The drive to the hospital was short since it was still early in the morning. Oliver was handling this better than I thought he would. Rushing to get him to be seen by a doctor I had to pay a few nurses to make him a first priority, nobody there had any life threatening injuries.

"Olie, your going to be ok. Just hang on and stay woke." Was the last thing I told him before they rushed him to surgery. Alexander was seen by a doctor as well for his flesh wound. He decided to keep me company while I waited for them to finish.

I have no clue how much time passed, but next thing I knew, doctors and nurses rushed off towards the direction of Oliver's room. What the hell is going on?

Without hesitation I ran after them "What's wrong? Is he ok?"

"He's lost a lot of blood and the doctor is working on getting him a blood transfusion to replace what he lost. We're doing the best we can to keep him alive."

Suddenly I heard a flat line. No.... This can't be happening.... I can't lose Oliver.

"Nurse, we need your help to stabilize him ASAP"

The sound of the flat line made me breathless.

"Oliver can't be dead... Fucking save him!" My heart was breaking. "He can't be dead... Please tell me he's ok" my voice was hoarse, crying was rare for me to do. But at this moment I'd lost everything all over again.

Alexander pulled me into his arms, tightly embracing me. Why do I keep losing the people that I love?