This wasn't just a dream. (9)

Madeline's Point of View.

Before leaving my room I look at myself one last time. I look alright, I guess. I grabbed my purse and quickly slipped on some flats. For some stupid reason I feel as if I'm going to die today of nervousness. Knock on wood, hopefully I don't get hit by a car. We don't want that to happen again. I headed out the door and met up with them in front of our complex. I still have no clue where we are going which made me feel quite nervous. I walked down the hall and knocked on the door.

"Hello lovely!" Harry sang as he buttoned up a plaid shirt.

"Hello Harry!" I sang back off key watching him button up the last button.

"You like?" He said as he posed.

"I mean yeah you look fine but it's not balanced. You missed a button Harry." I said as I fixed it.

"Woah if you two want to undress each other the hallway isn't the right place." Louis yelled.

I laughed in discomfort, well this is awkward. "I was jus--"

"I don't even want to know." Louis said as he laughed.

"Erm yeah" I said as I crossing my arms.

"Okay Madeline, just leave me like this." Harry said as he lifted his arms up.

"Sorry." I replied blushing buttoning the last button up.

"Can we just get out of here?" Liam huffed.

Im not quite fond about Liam. I don't know, he just doesn't seem nice. Well towards me he isn't. I don't know something about him was interesting. Although obviously I can't just talk to him if he has zero interest in my existence. Maybe he's having a tough time with Danielle. Who knows...

"I am ready!" Zayn announced.

"Your hair looks horrible." Niall laughed.

"That's why I brought a hat." He said smoothing his quiff. "I always have a backup plan."

We headed out and everyone just happened to have shades. I was just there tagging along with no glasses at all. Well I did have my reading glasses... Like that's going to protect me from the dangerous UV rays.

"So, where are we going?" I questioned as we walked

"Well  you see we have this show at a fair by a lake nearby.” Harry said looking down at me.  

"Oh?" I said in a very unsure tone. “There’s a lake nearby? That’s something.”

Once we reached to the fair it was completely empty. There was completely no one there.

“Looks like it’s going to be a great show.” I laughed.

“It’s because it’s a surprise show.” Niall explained. “After soundcheck we are going to tweet the location and whatever happens happens.”

“Ou, that’s smart... I guess. I suppo--”

“Well to soundcheck we go.” Liam interrupted giving me a VIP laminate. “You’re going to need this...”

“Thanks, see you later. I’ll be .... somewhere.” I said giving them an awkward wave.

“Bye Madeline.” They said in unison.

Well time to walk around this fair like a complete loner. No big deal, it won’t be too long until this place fills up. I passed by a kiosk that was selling lemonade.

“How may I help you?” A very attractive boy said nervously.  

“Well you do only sell lemonade yeah?” I said sarcastically.

“Yeah.” He said nodding.

“Well I reckon a small lemonade... If you can handle that.”

“Alright.”

I fiddled with my hands as I waited for my drink. This boy look awfully familiar but then again everyone does. There’s always someone who likes like another person.

“Here.” He said as he handed me the drink.

“Thanks, and that would be?”

“It’s on me, I’m Nathan.” He said with a smile.

“Thanks I’m Madeline.” I replied. 

He was about to say something but interrupted him.  “Bye!”

I decided to at least make my way to soundcheck. Song after song I stood there awkwardly as they sang their songs. Well it was more like a one person dance party... But I couldn’t dance.  I slowly noticed screaming coming from the distance, attack of the crazy fans. Looks like they have tweeted the location. People ran to the stage. They were acting as if these boys were the last cake in a restaurant. I decided to back away from everyone. I don’t want to get a fist to the face.

After a few songs the place was packed. I overhead a few directionaters swooning over Harry.  Which I found hilarious.

One thing was currently being performed. I never actually took the time to listen to it all but it was quite nice. I tapped my foot to the beat of the song.

“HEY, LONG TIME NO SEE.” A voice yelled from behind me.

I turned around in complete confusion. Oh it was that boy .. Nathan from the lemonade booth. “Hey.”

“I was wondering if...” He said as Harry began to speak into the microphone.

“Could you shush for a bit.” I said placing my hand to his face.

“Erm... So, this song goes to a friend, the person is here. It’s for you ... I know you like this song. Not like I looked at your top played songs or anything.” Harry said with a smirk.

“Dammit...” I said under my breath.

I keep play it inside my head, All that you said to me
I lie awake just to convince myself, This wasn't just a dream
'Cause you were right here, And I should've taken the chance
But I got so scared, And I lost the moment again

The expression I had on my face was probably the most unforgetable.

“Erm, are you okay?” Nathan asked with a smirk as the song ended. “Although you do have a very nice smile.”

I snapped out of it and turned to Nathan. “Oh, I’m fine.” I replied with a smile. “I just get all caught up with these concerts. Well it’s my first concert.”

“Erm so my friend --” Harry said into his microphone.

“Well I feel pretty special spending it wi--” Nathan said.

“SHUSH NATHAN!” I yelled once again.

“Erm, it’s her birthday today. Her name is Leah, she’s quite a nice girl so let’s all sing Happy Birthday.” Harry yelled into his microphone.

“OH MY GOD THAT’S ME.” I said in complete excitement as everyone sang Happy Birthday. I turned to Nathan and began to jump in excitement.

He looked at me in confusion then shook his head. “What are you talking about?”

“IT’S MY BLOODY BIRTHDAY AND EVERYONE IS SINGING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!” I yelled in complete excitement.

“Your name is Madeline...” He replied.

My face instantly dropped. “Erm, yeah it is. Please please please don’t tell anyone. It’s a long story.”

“What if I did?” He said with a smirk.

“I will be a very mad person.” I said as I crossed my arms.

“Fine fine I won’t.”

“Great!” I exclaimed.

“Well then, happy birthday Ma--Leah.” He said with a smile followed by a subtle wink. “It was nice meeting you, I have to head back to work. Maybe we can hang out.”

“Yeah it was fun hanging out with ya.” I said with a smile. He laughed and handed me over a piece of paper. “Well see you around.”

Yup just made a friend, that was something.

Their show was finally over. I got a text from Harry to meet him behind ferris wheel. My face lit up with a smile. I quickly headed over there and saw completely no one. I stood there awkwardly waiting. I hummed to myself until I heard someone mumbling something. I turned around and there he was.

“A cupcake?” I questioned as he walked towards me.

He nodded with a smile. “Let’s just pretend there is a candle, I couldn’t find any. It is vanilla, I hope you like vanilla because I d--”

“Thanks Harry, you’re the best.” I said giving him a hug. “But that’s it, a cupcake? Nothing else? No flat? No car?”

“Well...” He huffed.

“Harry, I’m kidding!” I said playfully punching his arm. “I’m just kidding.”

“Lets go.” He said as he threw his hood on and placed on his shades. I smiled and walked along the shore of the lake with him. It was a very quiet and relaxing, something we both needed.