Chapter 10

Dan's POV

I feel my body come to it's senses as I open my mouth allowing more air to fill my lungs. I run my tongue over my lips, tasting the slimy morning taste on them. It feels like my chest is being compressed every breath I take. Is this it? Did I die?

I open my raw, stuck together, eyes and try to get them to focus on my surroundings.

I look over at a monitor recording my heart beats, then at the huge cast around my entire right arm. And by that I mean all the way up to my shoulder, covering my fingers and everything. I must've done bad this time.

I feel my head pound, and rise my remaining arm to hold it, being met with yet another set of bandages. 

I continue to look around the room, not knowing why this place looks familiar. I look over the slight crack in the curtains showing the darkness outside.

Slowly the door opens and in walks a boy with jet black hair, pale skin, blue eyes that seem puffy, and a coffee in one hand. I stare at him until he looks back at me and his eyes open widely.

"Dan! Dan, you're awake!" He says rushing over to me.

My own eyes widen and I pull myself back as he gets closer.

"Dan? Wh- what's wrong?" He asks, all the happiness in his face draining away and he stops.

I can't say anything. I try to, but no words come out.

"Dan," he whispers now, eyes filling with tears.   

********************************

Short, I know. Another chapter coming soon...

~K