New Friends: Chapter 22

Bella’s Pov:

Launching up from the bed, I had wacked my forehead against the ceiling of the bunk. “Ow, fuck!” My voice was low and croaky, sleep laced right through it. The clash against the bunk had caused my headache to worsen; not only was I sore but I just realised I had a god-awful hangover. Letting out a low growl, I fell back onto my pillow, laying there for a good minute before deciding it was time to get up.

As I swiped the bunk curtains to the side, a flash of bright light had shone across my eyes, causing me to cringe and squint at the sudden exposure. I used my hand to shield it away, allowing me to get my clear vision back. “Well, well, look who decided to wake up,” Aaron smirked as he took another sip of his coffee.

“Oh coffee, I could go for some right now.” I rubbed my knuckles into my eyes, ridding the sleep before taking the cup drip filter and pouring the coffee into my mug. Sitting next to Aaron, I pulled my knees to my chest as I laid my head back onto the wall, closing my eyes in attempt to calm down my headache.

The only audible sound in the room was Aaron’s chuckle, who had caused me to crack one eye open. “You alright there, sport?”

Re-closing my eyes, I let out the smallest sigh. “Firstly, don’t ever call me sport again and secondly, no; I feel like there’s something bashing against the walls in my head.” I lifted my head to take another sip of my coffee.

Again, another chuckle had left his mouth. “Well, you did drink a lot last night and especially after your little smoking party, you were long gone.” He trailed off. “Do you even remember what had happened yesterday?”

“Well, I was smoking with Alan and Tino-”

“Phil…” He cut me off, slowly saying his words as I shook my head in realisation.

“Right, sorry. Anyways, I passed out after a while and then this morning I woke up.”

An unexpected loud laugh came out of Aaron, causing me to flick my head at him in confusion. “Obviously, you don’t remember.”

“Wait, what?”

“You passed out for at least twenty minutes until you woke up, jumping around like a maniac which then of course, Austin had gotten mad at us for getting you that high. Eventually you started to cool down and passed out again, sleeping for the whole day until now.” My eyebrows rose as I stared at him in scepticism.

“Shit…you’re kidding.” He shook his head while taking another sip of his coffee. “So, when did we get here?”

“Late last night.”

“How come Phil or Alan were pretty chilled last night? They took the same shit as me.”

“Beer before grass, you’re on your ass; grass before beer, you’re in the clear.” I stared at him in confusion. “It means, you’re supposed to smoke before you drink otherwise shit will get fucked up, like what happened yesterday.” He laughed. "Phil and Alan smoked before drinking, that's why they didn't end up like you." 

“Oh right, well thanks,” I chuckled. “I’ll keep that in mind.” I took a quick sip of my coffee. “By the way, where is everyone?”

“Well, the crew is setting up outside, Tino and Phil has gone exploring and Austin and Tom are scheduling a few dates and times for interviews etcetera.”

“So wait, it was just Alan and I sleeping?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, well, Alan now, seeing that you’re awake.” He chuckled.

“Of course he is; I’m not that surprised.” I smirked before taking another sip of my coffee. “By the way, you guys have Wi-Fi or something in here, right?” I questioned as I pulled out my phone.