24- Bone Chilling

A/N: WARNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SAVITAR'S IDENTITY.

"Caitlin, stop!" I shout, teleporting after my nearly white haired friend. Killer Frost whirls around.
"THAT IS NOT MY NAME!" Caitlin roars, her once brown, now an icy pale blue, eyes flash with anger. The she smiles a terrifyingly evil grin. "How about you chill out?" Her hands start to give off a misty look, resembling what snow does when it melts.

"Sorry, but I'll pass. I don't really appreciate being a Sky-sicle," I tell her.
Killer Frost shoots off a shard of ice at me.
I teleport out of the way. When I reappear in the hallway to The Cortex, Caitlin is gone.
No. She's Killer Frost-- I can't think like that. Caitlin's still there. Even if  she did try to hurt Julian, HR and Cisco. I thought, trying to keep back my denial of her actually being a killer.

I run out the door, and hold out my hands as they ignite into crackling electricity. "Last warning."

Killer Frost sighs, and turns to look at me. "Will you ever give up?"
"No, because the Caitlin I know is in there somewhere," I tell her.
"Not anymore, she's not." The woman who once was my friend hurls a blizzard of snow and ice at me.

I hold up my arms, in an effort to block the frozen water knives from penetrating my skin.
When I stop shielding myself, Caitlin's gone again, and Barry's staring down at me.
"She left," I breathe out, letting my upset expression show.

"C'mon, lets get inside," Barry says, helping me up.
"I just hope Savitar doesn't find her. Whoever Savitar might be," I mumble.

TWO DAYS LATER. . .  (spoilers)

"You're Savitar in the future?" I ask in disbelief.
Barry nods with a miserable look on his face. "My Time Remnant is."

Cisco gets an expression that says he's solving a puzzle. "So the message The Legends got was from future you, who was talking about Savitar. This is all coming together in the worst way." He acts almost as if he's excited with a very nervous twist to it. He walks over to a the clear board and starts making a model with his marker. "Four years from now, future Flash creates Savitar using a Time Remnant, and then that Remnant later becomes Savitar to later fight himself."

"Which came first?" Joe asks.

"That," Cisco says drawing an infinity symbol or sideways figure-eight, "is a closed time loop."

"No beginning or end," I cross my arms and furrow my eyebrows. "It just happens again and again."

"That is right, my sparkly friend," Cisco puts the marker down. "Unless I come up with something to change that."

"How are you going to do that?" I question.

"Uh, give me some time, shouldn't take long." Cisco walks out.

***

Barry and I sit in the Speed Lab. After being in silence for a few long minutes, I rest my head on his shoulder.
He moves away a little.
I sit up straight and look at him. "Why?"
"Why what?"
"Are you afraid that your future self is going to kill me?"
"Yes. Of course I am."

I place my hand on his knee, "don't be. He's you, Barry. And if you truly do love me, then he will too."
Barry kisses me on my temple, "I hope so. I just... When I fought him, he was absent of all the things that made him human. He didn't care who he hurt."

"We'll fix this like we always do. I promise you," I cup his face in my hands. "I will stand by you."

"I don't want you getting hurt, or killed," Barry says quietly, his green eyes staring into my brown eyes.

"I won't. You have all of us, Barry. You're not alone." I let go of him, as I hear footsteps enter the room.

Cisco gives us a look that I can't tell if he has a good idea or bad. "Okay, I did come up with something. It could be good and or it could be the worst idea ever."

"I just hope its not the worst," I said getting up.

"Hey, at least its an idea," Cisco responds, pointing a finger at me.

***
"I want you to stop making new memories," Cisco tells Barry. "So Savitar can't tell what we're up to."

"You're messing with his brain?" Joe asks.