the incident.

The voicemails broke Dr Banner.

He thought the phone conversation had shattered him, it was nothing. The sound of Parker's decaying voice struck him to the core and kept the knife lodged there. Her words sucked all the oxygen from every cell in his body and left him with nothing.

They made him feel hatred, pure loathing for everything around him. Everything was to blame; SHIELD, Loki, the Hulk, the plant pot.

Everything soon became a target for his overriding sense of inadequateness. He had stupidly let Parker enter his life, he had allowed himself the pure essence of happiness and now he couldn't protect it. So Bruce Banner stopped protecting everything else.

His hatred melted and fizzed into rage. His cells filled the void left by oxygen with the unnatural radiation he could never rid himself of. His skin palpitated as the green tinge took the complexion that Parker had fallen in love with and morphed it into a beast.

The heart rate monitor on his wrist sent a buzzing sound that rang in his growing eardrum. His expanding arm muscles ripped it like paper from his skin and hurled it against the glass that smashed under the impact of the small trajectory.

It was the borderline between Bruce and Hulk that now stood in the laboratory, the last thoughts of the human inhabitant being of Parker and the Hulk's first thought being of destruction. And the Hulk doesn't discriminate against what gets smashed.

So the green figure smashed the door leading out of the lab, hell bent on two words; Nick Fury. He snarled as he walked through the doorway and into the corridor.

The alarm finally sounded as if before it was stuck in a state of shock, the high pitch beeping scratching him like an annoying tick. The hulk returned the favour by ripping off the nearest receiver and throwing it out of the window. Almost in revenge it bounced back against the bullet proof glass and feebly hit his bicep.

Bruce picked it up again and crunched it easily under his grip before hurling it forward towards the rest of the incoming Avengers. Some looked calm, some looked puzzled but most them had an underlying feeling of empathy. Bruce had finally let it in, all the hurt was finally in his system and there was no stopping it.

The Hulk never listen to words, never could understand them and fathom their meaning. So his instinct was to destroy and the team of heroes that stood in his way seemed like a good place to start.

Tony Stark was the first one to step forward, he had a glint in his eye that came with seeing the green monster for the first time unfortunately this came with a misplaced, "Bruce!" The man shouted trying to reason with the beast, he didn't have his suit so he only had his ego for protection, "I think you need to calm down."

The Hulk replied with a low gurgling sound and a slight tilt of his lips before smacking the man with the back of his hand. Enough to cause damage but the inner Bruce prevented the death of the billionaire.

"What's Plan B?" Steve Rogers asked as he stared at ever muscle in Bruce's hand flex. Some were almost as big as his forearm.

"I think we're on Plan E by now." Natasha remarked as she fired a round towards the towering figure. The Hulk's head whipped around in a small hint of recognition. He caught all twelve bullets in his palm without any trace of blood.

He released them slowly letting the echo of metal on metal register with every individual in the facility. The sound unsettled monster, human and God alike.

"How have you stopped him before?" Thor asked the group, he held Mjölnir in his hand but right now he wondered how much damage that would do to the lump of adrenaline, rage and muscle coming towards him.