Chapter 16

Blake pov

It's been two days since I left Beacon. I hadn't spoken since. I was sitting at a café sipping tea with the monkey Faunus, named Sun, and the bat Faunus named Rouge, who claims to be from a different world. Sun and Rouge were starting to get bored. I put my tea cup down.

Blake: So... You want to know more about me?

Sun: Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given us nothing but small talk and weird looks.

I  frowned a little.

Sun: Ya! Like that!

Blake: Are... You guys familiar with the White Fang?

Rouge: I heard they were a bunch of thieves.

Sun: If you ask me, there just a bunch of stupid holier- than- thou creeps who use force to get what they want.

Blake: I was... once a member of the White Fang.

Sun and Rouge looked shocked. Sun choked on his tea.

Rouge: Wait, you were a member of the White Fang?

Blake: That's right. I  was a member for most of my life actually. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then, things were different. In the aches of war the White Fang was supposed to be a symbol of peace and unity between the humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite promised equality, the Faunus were subjugated to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the white fang rose up as the voice to our people.

Rouge: And you were there?

Blake: Yes, I was at the front of every rally. Took part in every boycott. And I actually thought that we were making a difference... But I was just a youthful  optimist... then, our leader stepped down and a new one took his place. Suddenly, our peaceful protest were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us and hijacked cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated as equals. But, not out of  respect... out of fear. So, I left. I  decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence. And instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a huntress. So, here I am. A criminal, hiding in plain view. All with the help of a little black bow.

Sun: So, have you told your friends any of this?

Sonic pov

I  was walking in Vale with Ruby, Weiss, and Yang helping them look for Blake. I told my team to spread out and look for her. They'll call me on my scroll when they see her.

Ruby: Blake!

Yang: Blake!

Sonic: Blake, where are you?

Ruby: Weiss your not helping!

Weiss: Oh! You know who might be able to help? The police!

Ruby:Ugh, Weiss...

Weiss: It was just an idea!

Ruby: Yeah, a bad one.

Yang: Weiss, I  think we should listen to her side of the story.

Sonic: That does sound better than just jumping to conclusions.

Weiss: Well I think when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right.

Penny: And I think Weiss' hair looks wonderful today.

We all turned around and saw Penny, suddenly, behind us.

Ruby: Penny! Where did you come from?

Penny: Hey guys. What are you up to?

Ruby: Uhhhh...