Chapter 1: The Five of Wands

(Anya's P.O.V)

Here I am. It's officially my first time, and I'm nervous as hell.

Wouldn't you be? Of course you would. Anyone would be nervous when it's their first time, right?

I expected the walls to be plain and dull, an overall draining atmosphere. I expected for a harsh musk scent in the air when I walked in, but that wasn't the case. The walls appeared to be a navy blue, accented with college degrees and certificates, the works to proving to the school that this principal knows what the fuck he's doing.

It was my first time in the principal's office, and not for some stupid student award on paper.

Why am I here, you ask?

*Fifteen Minutes Earlier*

God damn it. I know better than to accept any mandarins from Sophie at lunch. I always tell myself, 'It's okay, Anya. Mandarins are good for you. Who cares about the residue?'

I care. And I hate the stickiness of mandarin residue on my hands.

I pushed on the soap dispenser in the girls' bathroom a few times, sighing and smiling to myself at the feeling of the sudsy soap as I rubbed my hands. As silly as it seems, I can't stand any sort of sticky, funky feeling in my hands.

As I washed and finished drying my hands with paper towels, Stacy walked in. I didn't need to look at her to see she was in the girl's bathroom. The clicking coming from that girl's heels could probably be heard from the opposite side of the high school. Really, heels in school? Why try so hard to make an impression?

I almost felt sorry for Stacy. Her two friends however, I honestly did feel sorry for. Following a girl like Stacy Seyers around, they couldn't think for themselves. That is the ultimate trap to the human mind.

Why follow someone, why want to be them, when you can be your own person?

"Look who we've got here. Fucking trashy, Plain Jane Anya Blake," Stacy sneered, narrowing her heavily lined eyes at me. I rolled my brown eyes as I stared her down through the mirror. Whirling around quickly, I could feel my steel wall come up as my face went expressionless, keeping eyes on all three girls.

"Hi, Stacy, you look good. That Leo ego is pretty easy to sniff from the other side of the school," I smirked, causing her to narrow her eyes even further at me.

The only reason why I know Stacy is a Leo is because she was friends with Sophie and I in elementary school, once upon a time. We were a trio back then, unstoppable and 'friends forever', as the three of us used to say. Of course, junior high came along and using the massive ego she has, she eventually distanced herself and turned into a total Barbie. I can't stand her now because she's a completely different person - she used to be nice, but now she acts entitled, and bullies a lot of kids, especially Sophie.

And I for one, am sick of it.

"Shut up, Blake. You're such a-"

"Scorpio sun, Virgo moon, Sagittarius rising? You don't know shit," I interrupted, smirking as I knew I was getting on her nerves. Yeah, laugh it up. I've heard us Scorpios are known for being the Slytherins of the zodiac. Given I've got a Virgo moon and Sagittarius rising, I can only hope I'm not as much of an asshole to people that matter to me, but who knows? The perks of this zodiac combination give me the intuition and analytical skills of a detective, with the spontaneity and mischief of a child. I love it.

"Whatever that means. Get the fuck out, we've got touch ups to do and I don't want to see your hideous face," she spat,

"Now why would I do that?" I shot back with a little venom, smirking again, "Remember when we used to be best friends in elementary? You told me I had a pretty face." My laughter echoed throughout the bathroom, causing all three girls to look at me like I was maniacal - a very likely possibility.