Mood Swing

We got in the taxi and I laid back in the backseat. I looked outside the window, watching the lines on the road fly by.

I didn't know what was going through my mind. I wasn't in the mood to do anything. My eyes were heavy and my body was tired. I didn't want to go out that night but I thought about our last dinner outside, together and that was three months ago. I was busy, my schedule was hectic and so was his.

I felt Ed's hand on mine. He drew little circles on my knuckles. I looked at him, my face wore a tired expression but I managed to give him a little smile.

"The food wasn't good?" He asked, breaking the silence.

I nodded.

"It was.. Thanks for taking me out for dinner" I smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

"Are you okay?" He asked. A smile spread across his face. He reached out to touch my knee then he pulled my legs so I was closer to him.

"I'm fine" I looked away.

"Hey.. What's wrong?" He touched my chin and I pulled away. I didn't like to be touched on my face when I wasn't in the mood. I looked outside the window again when I felt Ed poking my cheeks.

"Stop it.." I pushed his hands away thinking he might stop but being the childlish man he is he didn't stop. He was still poking my cheeks, chuckling by himself.

"Ed please.." I begged. He laughed and went in to bite my neck. It hurts because when he did it, I pushed his head away making him accidentally bit the skin on my neck a little too hard. "Ouw! Cut it out will you" I yelled at him. I glared at him my eyebrows furrowed. He didn't expect that that would be my reaction but I wasn't in the mood at all. I pushed his head away from mine and groaned. He fixed his hair that I had mess up and I looked back out of the window and heard him sigh.

"Sorry" He said. His voice low. I blinked my eyes a few times and felt a tear rolling down my cheeks.

I immediately felt guilty behaving the way I was. I took his hands in mine and rested my head on his shoulders.

"No.. Baby.. I'm sorry.." I closed my eyes, breathing into his scent.

"Are you alright?" He turned his head towards me and I looked at him. He kissed my forehead and gently moved his thumb to rub the skin on my neck where he just bit. Worried that he might really hurt me.

"It's fine.. It doesn't.." I took his hand, the one that was rubbing my neck and I held it in mine. "It doesn't hurt that bad. I'm just.. a bit off tonight. I'm a bit off the entire day and I don't even know why. I'm just exhausted. Physically and mentally" I didn't know what was going on with my feelings and mind but I sobbed into his shoulders and I told him how tired I was with stuff at work.

He played with my hair. Pushing them off my face then curled them around his fingers. "Why don't you just quit your job and be with me?"

Ed had been asking me the same question everytime I complained to him about my job or the people I work with, telling me how happy he'd be if I just quit it and go on tour with him. I couldn't do that. I couldn't just quit my job and expect him to support me and my expenses.

"You know I can't do that" I breathed in his shoulders. He wore a gray hoodie and he was very comfy. I slipped my arms in between our bodies and wrapped them around his waist.

"Nope. You actually can. I have a feeling that you don't really want to be with me" He kissed my head and frowned. I turned my head to face him and hit his cheeks playfully. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't say that. Ever. You know how much I love you. I can't just quit my job and live off you" I explained.

"I don't mind" He said.

"Well I do" I let go of his body and moved closer to the door as we arrived at our house. I got out of the taxi first leaving Ed behind me. He paid the driver and rushed towards me.

We went in our house and took off our shoes. I walked straight into the living room, heading my way to the couch and flopped my entire body on it. I reached inside my shirt and unhooked my bra, slipping the straps off my shoulders and pulled it out swiftly then threw it somewhere on the floor. I saw him smiling and biting his lower lip while he watched me take them off and I immediately thought about that day when he told me that he thought I look sexy taking off my bra.

"I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. You can join me if you want. I'm too lazy to walk up the stairs" I giggled, my voice muffled into a pillow. We have a pretty comfy couch. It's big enough for the both of us.

I reached my arms out for him, desperately wanting to feel the warmth of his body pressed onto mine.

"Wherever you go I'll follow" He slipped his body behind me, his chest to my back and wrapped his arms around my body. We laid quiet for a while. I nearly fell asleep when he kissed the back of my neck and asked me to reconsider about coming on tour with him. I sighed.

"I'll think about it.. Let's just sleep okay?" I pulled one of his hands and brought it to my lips, kissing his knuckles. His adorable knuckles.

"Baby.." I tugged his fingers.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"I forgot blankets"

He groaned and sat up.

"Can you get them for me?" I giggled. "Please?"

"Take off your shirt" He ordered me. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Take it off and I'll get you your blanket"

"Okay" I said, rolling my eyes and laughed, taking my shirt off. "It's off. Now will you please get us a blanket or I'm gonna be freezing"

He gave me a thumbs up along with his ridiculously cute smile then head upstairs to get a blanket. Within a few seconds he was back in the living room. He climbed back on the couch behind me and went back to his original position only this time his hands were cupping my breasts.

I pulled the blankets up to cover both of our bodies and we're drifted to sleep.