48. Like nothing even ever went wrong.

Samiha's P.O.V

I woke up from what felt like a deep slumber and rubbed my eyes with the heels of my palms. If I was asleep for what felt like forever, then why did I feel so tired? And why did my ribs and my arm ache like crazy? And my head hurt like crazy too! I took in my surroundings, but what I expected and what met my eyes was very different!

I expected to be back home in Asif's huge cream and light brown bedroom, but what met my eyes was a dimly lit hospital room which I thought was an intensive care unit room, due to all the machines and equipment. What surprised me even more was when I saw Asif sitting on the chair beside my bed with his head in his hands. Then I suddenly remembered how I was driving dad's car with Samaah by my side in order to save him and those goons who were meant to crash the car with dad in it managed to do it, but with us in it.

I shifted a little but I winced as pain shot through my ribs and my arm. What happened to them?! And why did my head also hurt in such a pounding manner?

Somehow, as I shifted, I must have made some sound because Asif's head shot up immediately and he looked at me with wide eyes. For a good minute, Asif just continued staring at me with his eyes like saucers without even blinking once, and mouth slightly open. His shocked expression then slowly changed into relief and concern.

"Asif," I whispered.

"Samiha! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for being the way I was with you! I was the worst husband ever to you, and you deserve a lot better than me. But since you're stuck with me, please forgive me, Samiha! Please!" He pleaded, leaning over and grabbing my good hand, his eyes moistening. I immediately squeezed his hand comfortingly.

"Asif! Calm down! Why are you apologising? All that's past is past, right? And besides, I had noticed a change in you anyway. But all that's happened has already happened and it's over. You can't change that!" I replied, gently.

"But please forgive me. I have to ask for forgiveness, Samiha. Please forgive me!" He insisted.

"Of course I forgive you!" I answered.

"Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah that you woke up! Alhamdulillah that you forgave me!" Asif whispered.

"Okay, tell me now. What exactly happened? I figured that I'm in I.C.U because of that accident, right?" I asked.

"Yes. And how are you feeling?" Asif questioned.

"Well, to be completely honest with you, my head is blasting! And my ribs and my arm hurt terribly. It's agony!" I said.

"Well, what happened was that you received most of the impact of the crash," he began, and I spoke in between.

"I didn't want Samaah to be hurt, so I steered the car so that the car would end up coming towards me mostly. But how is Samaah?" I asked, forgetting my pain and my questions as to what happened to me while I was knocked out.

"Samaah slipped into coma. She was in coma for about a week and she woke up with amnesia," he said. I stiffened immediately at that. "Don't worry, Alhamdulillah she has regained her 5 years worth of memory that she lost." I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Alhamdulillah," I murmured.

"As for you, you slipped into coma as well. But because you received most of the impact of the crash, you had a severe head injury, which explains why your head hurts, and your ribs were crushed terribly, and your fractured your arm. All this explains your pain. Then to top it all up, you lost a lot of blood. Your mum donated the blood because your blood group is rare and Saamih and your dad didn't have that blood group, while I hadn't arrived yet. Then, we were told that your condition is so bad that there would be no guarantee if you would even wake up from the coma. You were brought to I.C.U. The doctors themselves had lost hope, but I always trusted Allah. See, He woke you up when you were in coma for over a whole month!" He told me.