The Misunderstanding (Luke)

You had been dating Luke for almost 2 years now. You and Luke walked down to your den which you shared with Luke as you both discovered it years ago and its been yours and Luke's secret hide out ever since, it was also deep into the forest where the sun would shine onto you both and you both would just lie there cuddling each other looking up towards the sun beaming down and you and Luke would just lie there and talk. It was perfect, you did this every weekend, it was always perfect, except this weekend, you were going to break up with him..

You rested your head on Luke's chest whilst fiddling with his fingers. "Luke" you said trying not to cry, he noticed the sadness in your voice and he sat up and looked you in the eye "What's up beautiful". 

That was it, you broke down crying "Luke I'm breaking up with you" his face went from soft to pissed off "What? Why? What did I do? Have you been cheating on me?" he was practically yelling at you "No Luke! I would never cheat on you! I love you and I always will but this just isn't working out so we can't be together anymore!.....I'm sorry Luke." You softened your voice and hung your head. 

He stood up and walked away, he muttered "I never want to see you again" just loud enough so you could hear.

The reason you broke up with Luke wasn't actually because it wasn't working out.. It was because you were dying. You had cancer, by the time you found out you had it, it had already spread through-out your body.  You didn't want to tell him because you just couldn't, you couldn't watch the love of your life become depressed, it would tear you apart. You walked back to your house as you and Luke didn't live together considering neither of you were 18. You ran upstairs and jumped onto your bed, buried your face into your pillow and cried your heart out.

___3 weeks later___ 

*Luke's P.O.V* 

"What did i do wrong? Why did she break up with me?" Luke kept asking himself these questions "2 years and she broke up with me with no other explanation than 'its not working out' maybe I should go and see her. she only lives round the corner...." Luke thought to himself.

Luke grabbed his shoes and made his way to your house. 

*Your P.O.V* 

You're getting worse and worse by the minute the doctors said your time is going to come soon and you can feel yourself slowly dying..

You hear a knock on the door and you hear your mum answer it and then footstep coming towards your room. 

Your door swung open. "Why didn't you tell me" Luke screamed with tears rushing down his cheeks

"I'm sorry Luke, I didn't want you to see me like this" You whispered with tears threatening to leave your eyes.

Your breathing started to get heavier and Luke rushed to your side

"Don't leave me please, no, not yet, we can get through this and we will grow old together and get married and even have beautiful children and we shall proceed to go on dates even when we are old punk rock elderly people and i can sing to you before you go to sleep... please don't die now, die with me when we're old, die peacefully in your sleep, we can go together please don't leave me, I love you!" Luke bellowed with tears falling down his face.

"Luke" you croaked, you could feel yourself getting weaker. "please don't grieve over me, move on with your life, you have so much ahead of you, I'll watch over you and I'll never stop loving you, I'll always be with you whether you can see me or not, just please remember me. Luke, I lo-" You got cut off as darkness over took you.

You had passed away..

Luke screamed your name, he couldn't believe you had actually gone, your mum came rushing upstairs and when she saw the sight of you she fell to her knees and cried.

You had wrote a letter before you died, you wrote it for Luke and you told your mum to give it to him  when your time came.

Your mum gave the letter to Luke. He stared at it and noticed your handwriting which you hated and he started to read it.

"Dear My Perfect Lukey Penguin,

You brought nothing but happiness into my life, I am so sorry that I had to break up with you, It was probably the most hardest thing I've ever had to do, Please forgive me? At least now you know why I did what I did... Luke I had cancer and it had spread throughout my body, I am terribly sorry I never told you, I hope you will be able to forgive me.

Please don't grief over me, Move on, You have a whole life ahead of you, You will find a beautiful girl and you will have a great family but I just want to ask you, Please don't forget me, I'll be watching over you, forever and always. And If you ever need to talk to me just go to our secret hideout in the forest and I will be there, even if you can't see me, I love you Luke"

Luke collapsed to the floor and started crying and screaming in hope that it would bring you back... 

Later on that day he stole his dads pistol gun that he kept in his draw for safety. Luke put it inside his coat pocket and left the house.

He walked to yours and his secret den and he started whispering to himself.. "I love you princess, I'm coming to be with you, i won't be long, please don't be mad... it's just that.. I'm never going to be able to love any girl the way i loved you and there is never going to be anyone as perfect as you, I'll be there soon babe.." 

As he said that, he pulled out a gun and put it to his head. 

He muttered to himself "I'm coming my love, any minute now" and with that he pulled the trigger.