Chapter 5

Amara's POV

Saying goodbye to your loved ones is always hard, especially if you don't know when you'll be seeing them next.

As the evening approached much faster then expected, the 4 of them helped me put my bags in their car. While they waited near the car, I said my final goodbye to my parents and of course mom wouldn't let me leave without all those waterworks. Seeing her cry while hearing her wolf whine, I didn't want to leave at all. This had been my home for 19 years, but I knew that if I didn't leave here now, I would've left it sooner or later.

I hugged both of my parents and whispered bye, because I knew if I tried to speak, I would choke on my words and start crying. I walked to the car, with Theo holding the door open for me I went inside.

Theo, Damien and I were sitting in the backseat with me in the middle while Elias was driving with Rome next to him. I could see Elias looking at me through the rear-view mirror once in a while during the drive.

"So, I have been wanting to ask you guys some questions." I said while I played with the stray thread coming out of my sweater.

"Go ahead." said Elias causing me to look up and back at the mirror into his eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked bluntly, surprising myself a little during the process.

"Who do you think we are?" asked Theo from beside me.

"Well, I had been thinking last night and I came to a conclusion but I'm not sure if it is correct." I replied.

"Care to enlighten us?" asked Rome while closing the book he was reading.

"You all were treated as very important people during the celebration, so it would mean that you are important to the werewolf community. There are 4 of you, and we were taught that the people who helped the werewolves to win the war were 4 in number, and you are extremely strong because you didn't even display your strength last night. And lastly, you live in Lyon, the city of War." I said while looking into Elias's eyes searching whether what I said was true or not.

"Good observations, Amara." Damien said while handing me a cookie. Yeah, he is like a mom.

"So, do you hate us now? Do you hate us because we are the reason humans lost?" asked Elias. "Do you hate me?" he slowly whispered.

"If I hated you, I wouldn't have come with you." I replied as I sighed." If I was at war, I would also have teamed up with my own species, I can't blame you for doing so as well."

"We would've never taken part in the war if we had a choice." Theo said with his eyes looking furious and sad, as if he was recalling a distant memory.

"Are you okay?" I asked him while patting his back.

"Your turn to drive, Theo." Elias said as he parked the car on the side of the road.

____________________________________________________________

We drove like this for around 3 to 4 days while stopping at motels a few times, until we finally reached the grounds of Lyon.

To say it was beautiful is an understatement. All the other cities and countries that I had looked at in the pictures seemed nothing in comparison to this city. One could never imagine that a gruesome and unforgiving war had ever taken place in the grounds of this beauty.

The city had no modern homes. All of it was ancient architecture which only seemed to beautify it even more. The houses and the trees were still decorated, indicating that the holiday spirit hadn't lessened and that the people were ready to greet the new year.

We seemed to be driving away from the town and towards the mountain covered with forests and green. I couldn't help but stare out of the window in fascination until Elias coughed making me realise that I had come very close to him, as he was the one sitting near the window seat. I smiled and mouthed sorry as I sat back onto my seat, waiting for us to reach.

I was finally able to see the house. It wasn't a mansion, but it was big enough to fit all of us. I liked it, I liked the feeling of a small and cozy home. Could I call it home yet?

As we got down from the car, I helped the 4 to carry the bags into the house, as they had their bags as well. Theo switched on the lights, letting the house show that it was just as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside. There was a drawing room with three couches, a T.V., a table with scented candles, two bookshelves next to the fireplace. Then there was an open kitchen and a dining room which basically consisted of a dining table.

"We thought a large mansion would be too much to handle." Elias said while caressing the back of my head.

"It's perfect." I said while smiling at him and the others.

They then showed me my room, which was opposite to Elias's and next to Theo's. It was just as cozy as any other part of the house.

"If you need anything, you can ask any of us." Damien said while leaving."The dinner duty is mine for today. I'll be telling you when you have yours. You can freshen up now and come for dinner, it will be ready in an hour."

"Yes, mom." I said.

I took a bath and freshened up as adviced and went to the kitchen to find them already at the table. I took a seat next to Elias, and we all had a wonderful dinner while we talked and laughed.

If only I had thought then, wasn't everything going perfectly?

***********************************************************************