: 06 :

Feb.  17

Chapter six: Year 1    

 " Tell me where our time went
And if it was time well spent
Just dont let me fall asleep
Feeling empty again "

~ Paramore // Pressure

I am going to start to write “Alli” instead of “Ali” so try not to get confused.

“Hey, losers! It’s time for breakfast!” yelled Alpha.  It was like 9 in the morning, just five more minutes . . .

“If you don’t come down, I will eat all of the pancakes!” and with the word “pancakes”, we were all running down, pushing and shoving each other to get to the scrumptious pancakes.  Luckily for my speed and agility, I beat them all and jumped gracefully down; it’s best to avoid the mess to get downstairs the fastest.  Alpha only made pancakes when there was good or bad news, so rarely.  They were always made from scratch and the pancakes were fluffy and warm and just the best thing ever! I plopped 5 steaming pancakes on my plate, grabbed some maple syrup and butter, and began to eat – no, scarf down – the pancakes. 

“How did you get there so fast?” they all yelled.  Alpha and I tried to keep our composure, but we failed.  We bursted out laughing, “You guys were fighting to get downstairs while I just jumped down.” I said. 

“Hey, you even saved us some pancakes! Thanks Bek!” Ryder said. 

            We were all one big happy family.  Alpha was like the father I never had.  He was loving but held his ground and made sure that we were treated as adults, not children. Tyler and Ryder were the best brothers any girl could have. They were protective of us and made sure that we were safe. They also knew how to have the best parties.   Alli and Shay were my best friends and sisters. When I wanted to upgrade my wardrobe to make me look sexier and confident, they took me to the mall in instantly got working.  They took me to Forever 21, Victoria’s Secret, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Pac Sun, Urban Outfitters, and Sephora. They taught me how to wear makeup and look fabulous. I got a new haircut, dyed my hair to a pretty light hazel/brown, got two piercing on each ear and on my cartilage, a nose piercing, which I hardly wear, and a naval piercing.   

            My training was finished and my powers were completely controlled and up to their full potential.  One day when we were fighting some rouges, I got injured. I went to a nearby lake to clean up my wound with the water and learned that I could heal. I could also heal my pack members. I know, I know, that goes against the rules but since this is a power of goodness, I can use it when someone is injured.  The only exception was a severed body part or a deep gash. That could not be fixed or helped in any way.  I was a skilled fighter, and I was hot, not to be conceited. The Pure Elites usually got calls from other packs so that we could train their wimpy warrior asses into shape. Tyler and Ryder were in charge of training the 25 year olds and older, I was in charge of training the 16 – 24 year olds, and Alli and Shay were training the women and children.  Everyone needed to learn to defend themselves, unless you were pregnant or handicapped in any way.  The reason Shay and Alli were training the women and children were because they were nicer.  I, on the other hand, was ruthless and didn’t take shit from anybody that tried to give it to me. In the end, the trainees appreciated our work and became amazing fighters.

            Though I learned to never let the pain show, I could feel every time my mate has sex with someone.  The one time I let my pain show was when Ashton marked someone.  It felt so much worse than before.  When he had sex with someone, it felt like daggers to my heart.  When he marked someone it was like my body was on fire. I couldn’t move for five days; my body was very sore and weak.  That’s how badly I was hurt; my wolf cried and whimpered at the pain. I could never forgive Ashton for what he did to me and my wolf.  After about 3 months, the pain wore down and became almost numb. I think our bond is almost gone . . .

            Back to today . . .

“Hey Alpha, you never make pancakes unless you have something big to say. So go on and spill” Shay coerced.

“You all know that one day I will be gone, right?” Alpha asked. We all shook our heads yes, “Well, when I die, I have to give my spot to one of you and my decision is. . .” he trailed on.

“Well go on. You can't leave us hanging!” Tyler said with a pout. I thought that it would be  Alli.  Alli is very kind and she would be a great leader.  She can explain concepts very well, make great decisions, and is a skilled fighter.

“As I was saying before Tyler rudely interrupted me, my decision is Rebekah.” All eyes turned to me. 

“Uhh, are you sure?” I asked, a bit scared.  I had no knowledge about leading a pack, my life before was already falling apart at the seams, and a part of me was still insecure.

“Of course I'm positive. I've watched you grow into an amazing young woman.  What your old pack made you go through was terrible, yet you made it through alive.  You are the best fighter in our pack, hell, even better than me and Tyler.  You can keep your composure during the hardest of situations.  You thought that I couldn’t see your pain when your mate had sex with someone else. Well, you were really good at keeping your pain hidden.  I didn’t know until you told me about the pain you were receiving.  No matter what you or other people think, just know that I believe that you are a strong, incredible, beautiful, young woman.  You deserve this position. You have shown this to me over this past year.  You are a hard worker and you deserve to take over as Alpha when I pass away.” 

            I looked over at Alli, Tyler, Shay, and Ryder. They all had smiles on their faces. “You guys knew about this?” I asked shocked.

“Well, we. . . Please don’t kill us, Bek.” Tyler pleaded, “We wanted to tell you, but Alpha made us keep it a secret. He wanted to surprise you.”

“Aww, you guys are the best. Thank you, Alpha!” I go up to him and hug him tightly. “Thank you for the title, for your kindness, and for your acceptance, and for everything.”

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­≫≫≫≫≫ 2 hours later ≪≪≪≪≪

            For the ceremony, I wore a lacy white dress . Alpha invited nearby pack to see the ceremony, making sure to skip the Blood Moon Pack.

            After the ceremony, Alpha explained to me what would happen when he died. “When I die, you will get one power of mine and that is the ability to sense powers.  Every Alpha of this pack had this power passed down to the next Alpha so we could get more members. About 5 minutes after I die, you will feel this surge of energy; the way to using the power is to let your wolf partially takeover, I've already shown you how to do this, so that your eyes, in this case your wolfs emerald green eyes, show.  Then you just raise your dominate hand, in this case you right hand, and it will start to glow. Move your hand slowly around people until it glows emerald green - your wolfs eye color. So, that is how to sense if there are powers nearby.  With being Alpha, you will be the fastest. I know that you are already faster than a bullet in your wolf form, but now you will be faster than a bullet in your human form. Don’t be scared, Bek. You will be a great Alpha. I know you will lead this pack in the right direction.”

˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ 3 hours later ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜ ˜

            After the celebration was over, we cleaned up, took showers, and went to sleep.  While drifting to an endless sleep, I couldn’t help but think about how I managed to have such a wonderful life.

can I get 10 votes?

VOTE  COMMENT  FAN