Finally Found

It was only then that my heart shattered as I realized what I had just come across.

"Oh! Eliza!" Smiled Annette as she quickly approached me, dragging my mate along with her.

"I would like for you to meet the man I mentioned to you earlier. This is the man of my dreams and my new husband, Alexander Orion." she said as she gazed lovingly at her husband.

I could feel his eyes on me as I simply stared at Annette for what seemed like minutes, but was only a few seconds until I turned my gaze onto his. I had to take a few breaths as I didn't want to cry infront of the happy couple. 

"I-Its nice to meet you, Alexander." I said in a broken yet soft voice. I knew he could see the pain in my eyes as I noticed him slightly wince.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Eliza." he said.

The sound of my name on his tongue sounded so heavenly yet I couldn't enjoy it. Not the way I wanted to. My stomach churned and twisted as my eyes had travelled down to their intertwined hands, which bore rings of complete and utter commitment.

I couldn't stand being in their presence any longer, so I quickly turned as I placed a hand over my mouth and rushed to the nearest bathroom, before locking myself in a stall and puking up the contents in my stomach.

The simple stench of my puke had me dry heaving as my stomach continued twisting into knots. I quickly flushed the toilet and simply sat on the floor, refusing to cry as what had played out in front of me only minutes ago, replayed itself in my head over and over again. The look in their eyes when they gazed at each other. The rings. All of it was burned into my brain. A permanent scar on my heart and soul.

I had waited so long to find him, only to find out that he hadn't waited for me at all.

Once I managed to get my bearings back, I stood up and straightened out my dress, unlocking the stall and making my way over to one of the sinks. I looked in the mirror and cringed as I looked quite pale. My hair was a bit untamed, but it still looked good enough to me.

A sigh escaped my lips as I took my heels off and exited the bathroom, only to bump into a hard wall that I was almost positive wasn't their before. A pair of strong arms caught me from falling and the immediate sensation of sparks from our skin to skin contact told me who it was not to mention his intoxicating scent that had my wolf howling for more.

I quickly pushed myself away from, breaking all physical contact with him as I looked up at him.

"Eliza I-" He started off but I put my hand up for him to stop talking.

"No you aren't. Before you met me you wouldn't have been sorry at all. You love her, not me. There is nothing to talk about, so leave me alone." I said as I walked around him and back down the hall that my heart had been broken in.

I quickly made my way to the elevator and waited for it to open. My foot tapping as I didn't want to stay in the area of my hearts demise. I immediately stepped into the elevator once it opened and repeatedly pressed the close door button as I saw Annette making her way to the elevator with Alexander.

The doors closed before they could make it to the elevator and I pressed the button for the fourth floor, glad to feel the shift in gravity as the elevator lifted me up and to the floor I lived on.

Once the elevator opened again, I quickly exited it and headed straight down the hall and to my hotel room, unlocking it and stepping inside to the familiar entrance of the room.  I closed the door and locked it once again before going to get my much needed treat from the cubbard.