48: Hesitant Meeting

______________

To be honest, I was expecting Katherine and Laura to get on with Chelsea and Amy. Amy could be shy but with Laura they seemed inseparable, and Kate and Chels? No comment.

However the problem with this situation was we weren't allowed to leave the house. Scratch that, I wasn't allowed to leave the house.

"Mom," Out of breath already, I sat down on the kitchen chair. "Come on, let us go out."

"I'm not having you out. Look at you; you're already out of breath from walking from your bedroom, downstairs." She said as she glanced up from her magazine. "I know this is your last day with the girls and I'll consider, maybe, letting you wander out without my knowledge."

I narrowed my eyes. "Dad said I couldn't go out."

"Yes he did. Aaron comes home tomorrow; he doesn't want you hurt anymore than you already are."

"How am I going to leave? Dad's in his office but that won't stop him from coming out at any time."

My mom's mischievous smile made me wonder how much I resembled the woman. "I'll distract your father."

"Oh, mom," I smiled and shook my head. "I do love you."

"And I, you. Now, do you need help upstairs?"

I shook my head. "Actually, they're downstairs waiting for me. I know it's pretty chilly outside but not freezing like it was a few weeks ago but the ice has melted, the suns out and the floors dry so we said we'd go to the park."

"Okay. Just make sure your friend Katherine drives. I don't want you driving."

I stood up slowly and stretched out my bruised muscles. "Deal. Thanks mom."

"You're welcome. Now," She joined me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Go now before I side with your father and say no."

I grinned at her and wobbled into the living room. "The park?"

Kate was smirking like an idiot. "Want me to drive?" She asked already knowing the answer.

"If you want." I rolled my eyes.

Chelsea went upstairs and grabbed my shoes, two large blankets and jumper for me while the rest went to the car.

"Is Michael coming?"Chelsea asked as we walked through the front doors.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure what he's doing today."

"Invite him!" She smiled. "Tell him to bring his friends if he wants."

I laughed a little. "Why do you want him there?"

"I want to get to know the man you're obviously going to be with for a very, very long time."

"Okay," We stopped beside Katherine's, or should I say Sam's, car door. "That's if he isn't busy."

Chelsea winked. "Don't tell me you don't miss him. I know you two argued Friday night, which I'm still sorry about."

"I'd love to see him, and you should stop apologising for that." Although, at about three in the morning I met Michael in the living room and sat there on the carpet talking about absolutely nothing. So I didn't miss him too much. "I'll text him."

I was about to open the door when Chels stopped me. "Do it now!"

I saw Laura glance out the window with a confused expression. Oh, crap. She didn't know about Michael and me. And I don't even think I've explained it to Chelsea yet. "Chelsea I can't."